hello from up north and over the border!

Get In The Van

Hello all, thought i'd add a message here and say hello.
Back in the saddle after a long time, was racing in my early to mid teens, joined the local club, trained hard, started to put in some decent times (well i thought anyway!^_^ ) on TT.....then a serious eye injury put paid to my biking. I couldn't create any great pressure to the front of my face for a long time, so that was that.
i drifted into my other love of music, learned an instrument, and as Bon Scott of AC/DC sang, 'let there be rock'
Anyway i always kept up with cycling mainly the major tours and classics, plus the olympics with Hoy etc etc.
fast forward a good few years........
recently got the bug again to ride more seriously, so here i am.
joined this forum as its chockablock with helpful info and full of friendly folk.
look forward to the cyberspace pedaling with you all

^_^

snorri

Legendary Member
West Lothian? That's down south but not over the border.^_^
There are a number of CCers in your area, have you seen the CC Ecosse thread?
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/cc-ecosse-perth-ride-sat-11-aug-12.106933/

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:hello: Get In The Van and :welcome: to CycleChat ! :wahhey:

There are quite a few CC folk around the Lothians and, as snorri has referenced, we have CC Ecosse Forum Rides occasionally - and you have struck lucky as there are 2 arranged for early next month !

We're doing the same ride on 2 different Saturdays and the thread for Saturday 4th is here.

We'd love to see and meet you at one of them - or both ! :bicycle:

OP
Get In The Van

Get In The Van

Thanks for all the welcomes! :biggrin:
Will keep my eye on the Ecosse rides, these 2 however have came up too soon for me, due to work and i really need to get more miles back in these legs of mine, also not got a road bike as yet, just got road tyres on the mountain bike (its a hardtail so not too bad and the front forks have been locked off)

Col5632

Guru
Thanks for all the welcomes! :biggrin:
Will keep my eye on the Ecosse rides, these 2 however have came up too soon for me, due to work and i really need to get more miles back in these legs of mine, also not got a road bike as yet, just got road tyres on the mountain bike (its a hardtail so not too bad and the front forks have been locked off)
So its a hybrid pretty much ;)

Hopefully be more rides you can make soon enough :thumbsup:

Top Bottom