Hello from Wakefield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulwakefield

Money Saving Berk
Hi all, I'm Paul and after reading this forum for the past year or so, decided the time was right to join.

Also I've just done the first proper ride of the summer, 72 miles to Scarborough today, perfect day for it, very enjoyable.

This is a great forum and I look forward to being on here.

Thanks...

(oh and I apologise for spelling Hello wrong, great first post!! Typing too fast!!!)

postman

Legendary Member
Nice ride to Scarborough,Which way did you go .

The original GYBR went to Scabbie .

Great days .So welcome .

Ceedee

Paulwakefield said:
A64 all the way. Nice and simple.
Hi Paul, Good ride! next time have a look at going through Sherburn in Elmet, Stamford Bridge, much quieter lanes, but about the same distance. How did you get home by the way?

bauldbairn

Welcome to the CC forums Paul.

Well done on cycling 72 miles to Scarborough. :smile:

All the best. :laugh:

OP
OP
Paulwakefield

Paulwakefield

Money Saving Berk
Chrisc said:
Welcome Paul, just up the road from you in sunny Skelmanthorpe. Never ridden over to Wakey cos it's uphill all the way home!

Small world... I lived in Skelmanthorpe for 8 years when I was a kid. Birchfield something was the road, and I went to St. Aidens school, still going? It was a long time ago...

Ceedee - I got the train back, should have cycled back, but gotta start slowly :smile:

Ceedee

Paulwakefield said:
Small world... I lived in Skelmanthorpe for 8 years when I was a kid. Birchfield something was the road, and I went to St. Aidens school, still going? It was a long time ago...

Ceedee - I got the train back, should have cycled back, but gotta start slowly :smile:

Hi Paul, did you have any problems with the bike on the train? I think you did the right thing getting the train back the wind is always in your face the other way.

If you you do it again and fancy some company let me know 2 or 3 of us are up for it. Cheers, Chris.

OP
OP
Paulwakefield

Paulwakefield

Money Saving Berk
No issues with the bike on the train, I've done it loads of times with my hybrid fully loaded even at peak times. So the road bike was easy.

I'm a member of other forums, but can I say this is far superior. I'm so shocked at how many people have responded and how friendly you all seem.

Ceedee, I will let you know next time, but with work and childcare commitments I find it tough to get out very often these days.

Top Bottom