Hello from Warrington

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulmac

Just thought id say hi, just recently sold my hard tail mountain bike and i bought myself a Felt QX75 2010 hybrid. Got a good deal on it was brand new just last years model. I will be using this bike to commute back and too to work once i move house, the ride will only be approx 5 mile each way. Im finding riding this hybrid so much more easier and fun on the roads than i did with my mountain bike, a lot quicker too. One thing ive just bought for it is a pair of Continental Gatorskin's size 700 x 28, as after reading many a review they seem to work well for what i will be doing. I have heard tho they can be hard to fit? ive been quoted £6 per wheel to have them fitted in a local shop anyway so think i will probably just do that instead of me trying and either A. ruining the tyres B. ruining the inner tubes or C. smashing my bike up when i cant get them on haha.. anyways il be around here now reading up on things gettin some advice and tips along the way. nice to meet you all...

calibanzwei

Hehe, another from the Wire - hello and welcome!

EDIT: Watcha going to do when the inevitable puncture happens and your 20 miles from your LBS? :thumbsup: Tyre levers, patience and a pint of best as your reward for saving yourself £12 hehe

Hicky

Guru
Dont ask the LBS to fit the tyres, I have put on/swapped armadillos and gatorskins without tyre levers(cant get them off without though!) it takes a little time and patience.

Have a look through youtube for guides(I think I seen one for marathon plus fitting) and if need be buy a spare innertube incase you pinch puncture the tyre......if you still cant do it, I'll show you how to fit them when I'm down at my inlaws(Woolston)sometime...?

david k

Hi
dont mention the semi
biggrin.gif

Top Bottom