Hello from Wirral.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RichTL

Hello all - just browsing the net and found this site.
Ive been cycling for a few years now but still need to get fitter and slimmer.

50 this year so looking to challenge myself a little just to prove there's life in the old dog yet.
Have entered a 100 mile sportive end of March so desperately need to get fit but this hasn't been helped by falling off a few weeks ago and hurting my ribs and hand, so haven't been on my bike for about 4 weeks now:sad:.

Anyway, looking foward to the new year and a lot more cycling.

Rich

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Welcome to the site Rich. Sorry to hear about your fall and injuries. Not nice is it? I did the same a few months ago, slipped on some gunk on a cycle path. Bike just threw me to the ground with the result of sprained wrist and a cracked rib... took a long time to heal, not help I just carried on cycling every day.

Good luck with your training for the sportive.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.. it's a nice friendly place

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Rich.

Are you the same RichTL who used to be on the C+ forum and with whom I rode 75% of the Pendle Pedal sportive two or three years back?

I hope the ribs and hand heal quickly!

If you want a build-up event before March, why not join a few of us CC members on the mini-NW Passage audax in late February?

bauldbairn

Sorry to hear about your accident - hopefully you'll be up and about in no time. Although I'd wait till the weather picks up a bit. :sad:

:welcome:to the CC forum from chilly :ohmy: but thawing central Scotland.

All the best to you in the New Year and good luck with the cycling. :angry:

:laugh:

OP
OP
R

RichTL

Thanks all for the welcome.

Hi ColinJ
Yes Im the same richTL and remember well riding with you on what was my first sportive. Good company and great scenary.
May try to attend the mini north west passge if I can get away from home and family for the day.

dodgy

Welcome Rich, another Wirral rider here :biggrin: Just got back in from a ride around the Wirral today actually, absolutely awful weather out there!

Randochap

Senior hunter
Welcome from Canada, Rich.

Don't worry, you'll soon be back in the saddle. Good luck on your training when you're ready. Just keep your eye on the prize.

Top Bottom