Hello from Wirral

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcainuk

Thought I would say Hello as I've been lurking for a few days!

My name is Mike, 25 from Heswall. I'm just getting into cycling, for a few reasons, but mainly to get fit.

I have just bought a second hand Marin Muirwoods 2007 which is pretty much brand new and I'm really happy with it. I went for my first ride on Friday and managed to ride 26 miles on cycle tracks and some road around Wirral, very exhausting and its left me with a really sore bum.
sad.gif

Hopefully be using the forums quite alot, have found a lot of good advice and tips already!

Thanks

Mike

Welcome Wirral! Enjoy your bike, enjoy the forum Ian - plenty of wise people on here who offer help and advice, along with the odd people...:whistle: :smile:

ian789

Hi I'm also from the Wirral!

We have some greats rides around us, if you need any inspiration for a route give us a shout
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
mcainuk

mcainuk

Thanks for the Welcome,

@Aperitif I have been called worse in the past! Maybe you can work out my real name? thats bad enough!

I have been exploring some of the wirral way, what other routes are there around the wirral ian?

Mike

Welcome Mike. Are you sticking to off road or do you want some on road? If the latter, heading out around Parkgate, Willaston, Irby will make a nice round route for you. You could even combine it with the Wirral Way. And if you ever meet a bloke with a black Labrador and a yellow ball throwing stick, somewhere near W.Kirby, it might be me. :smile:

ian789

Cycle route 56 Parkgate to New Brighton is good. The promenade runs from Seacombe to Caldy and thats a good ride if theres no wind.
biggrin.gif

Head out to chester and beyond along the Shropshire union canal.

Follow cycle route 5 out into north wales :tongue:

Merseyrail trains are good for bikes so you can go until you get bored and then get the train back - but I don't know if a train goes near you.

If you go here http://www.sustrans.org.uk/map?searchKey=Search+our+mapping&searchType=search&Search=Find

You can see all the cycle route and highlight your route.

Top Bottom