Hello from Witney

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Terry Johnson

Hi All,

Joined up today as you all seem I nice bunch.
Hanging up the squash racket and trading in for a road bike as the knees and back don't like the twisting and turning anymore. Played at a high level so want something that can be competitive and enjoyable at the same time. So cycling got the vote, and you get the benefit of the outdoors.

Just came back from a bike shop in Swindon. Looking to buy and got it down too a Bianchi Vertigo 2013 or a Specialized Roubaix Elite 2012. Undecided!! Want to keep the training down to mainly 10 or 20 mile routes with a weekly 50 miler as I'm interested in TT. The beauty of the Bianchi and the speed potential or the overall performance of the Specialized and the lifetime guarantee on the frame.

Help!!!

Terry

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Welcome mate i vote for the Speciailized lush bikes.

OP
OP
T

Terry Johnson

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the welcome. Where in Berkshire? What sort of riding you up?

The Specialized is reduced as well from £2000 to £1500 which puts it in the price range of the Binachi. Test rode it with winter tyes on today. It was nice, but test riding the Bianchi on Monday. Also rode a Trek Madano and a Giant Defo but have them at the back of my mind at the moment. The guy in the shop was a great help and said that he felt the price of the Spec last year was overpriced and todays sale price is about where it should have been.

Terry

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the welcome. Where in Berkshire? What sort of riding you up?

The Specialized is reduced as well from £2000 to £1500 which puts it in the price range of the Binachi. Test rode it with winter tyes on today. It was nice, but test riding the Bianchi on Monday. Also rode a Trek Madano and a Giant Defo but have them at the back of my mind at the moment. The guy in the shop was a great help and said that he felt the price of the Spec last year was overpriced and todays sale price is about where it should have been.

Terry

Im in Maidenhead and i pound the tarmac roads on a roadbike :biggrin: I visited a specalized store with some peeps off here last weekend and i have to say i fell in love with all things specalized lol my next bike will be 1 of the Tarmacs they are beautiful bikes IMO. One of our Saturday riders has a Giant Defy One. He will probably be on soon and and is a good OLD chap and will give you any pro's and cons of it. Im not a Bianchi fan tbh especially that gross green colour. However each to there own ;) hope you make the right choice mate and let us know what you get :thumbsup:

defy-one

Did boardalized man mention a defy one .... Hmm yes excellent bike for the money. Not in the league of the specialzed tarmac,but a great intro to proper road bikes. I love it.

Top Bottom