Hello from Worcester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy GF

Hi my name is Andy from Droitwich near Worcester.

I've been cycling for years on and off mixing it with a lot of running. Haven't been out too much over the last couple of years as my ride partner emergrating to Austrailia and our first baby coming along but I try and get out as much as I can.

I've now got mountain bike which I do both on and off road cycling on, but I'm looking around for a road bike so I can one bike for each activity.

If anyone has any suggestions how to get the most ot of this site I would be grateful or any suggestions of good rides around where I live I would also be grateful.

Glad to be here.

Andy.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
First decide what you want from the forum:
Welcome mat: You've already been here, and done what you need to do.
General Cycling: Not much use if you aren't an army general, but some people mistake the meaning of the title and indulge in a bit of Misc'ing, i.e. posting anything here that won't fit anywhere else.
Commuting: Post on how bad car drivers are and near misses or accidents from your trip into work. In winter, gloat that you are still cycling. In summer, ask how on earth you survive after getting sweaty on the way in, only to remember that your work-place doesn't have any showers.
Road Rides, Audax and Sportives: For the more serious cyclist. Dream of what you could be doing, or post that it's all too expensive for something you could do for free.
Racing: Mostly comments about other people racing. Like Contador, Cavendish, or Merckx.
Mountain Biking and Off-Road. Full of rather strange types for whom the never-ending ribbon of tarmac across our glorious country is not enough. I'm too scared to go here.
Touring and Expedition: Land's End to John 'O Groats, Coast to Coast, across America, up the Alps. Its all here. Have panniers, will travel. And talk about it and show photos.
Photo Gallery: Fish for admiring comments on your latest bike/project. Letch after other's (bikes and projects, of course)
Special Interests: For 'Special' people. Not been here myself, as I'm not special. Tandem, recumbents, single speed, fixed, unicycles, sociables, under-water, and under-water fixed recumbent tandems. All are catered for here.
Know how: If you are often heard uttering the war cry "S**t. How the f**p do you do this?" You will spend a lot of time here. If you have a steady stream of bikes from friends parked up outside, you will probably be appreciated here.
Bikes, Accessories, Kit and Clothing: Warning under NO circumstances go into this section. It is VERY bad for your wallet.
Health, fitness and training - Is it an outdoor gym or a mode of transport? Are you a hypochondriac, or can't you even remember where your doctor's surgery is? If the former, lodge yourself here.
Discounts: Trade offers only.
Café: Anything non-bike related, except religion and politics.
CC & Informal Rides and Events: Burst out of the virtual world into reality. Realise that the image of a poster as a super-fit hunk/babe is in fact someone just as flabby and unkempt as you. Meet local people, or head off into the country and meet someone from somewhere else completely. Find out if Arch is a woman or a bloke (she's not telling anyone)
Rider's Tales: A bit like that bloke in the bar who insists on telling everyone near him his favourite story. Except without the beer, and much easier to avoid.
Classifieds: Cuts both ways - make money by selling stuff that you don't want, spend it again on other stuff, or just exchange for free. We don't like strangers in this area, so we'll have to get to know you better before you can offer or request anything.
Politics and Life: You will feel the gentle glow of heated debate if you go anywhere near here. I don't. Right wing, left wing, or even fuselage, all opinions expressed as concrete fact, and then taken apart bit-by-bit.
Campaigning and Public Policy: Do you wan't to change the world? Start here.
Stolen Bikes: Hopefully, if we all pull together, we can make the scourge of light-fingered members of our community a thing of the past by making sure that crime doesn't pay. A long, long, long way to go, though.
Research and Questionnaires: Are you a) a cyclist b) hate bikes. Answer: 100% of people are cyclists.
Site News: Will tell you why the site is down, and you can't log on. No, sorry, will tell you why the site went down, and why you couldn't log on. And why it looks different today compared to yesterday.
Support and Feedback: Like the terraces at a football match without the chanting.
New downloads: Looking for a ride suggestion? Try here.
Saddle Library: Yes, it is what it says. The only way to find a saddle that is really comfortable is by going out for a 100 mile ride on one. Since most shops won't loan you one for that purpose, you can either buy all of them and try them out one-by-one, or use a saddle library.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Hi Andy and welcome.

Can't really add much to what Jim's put about the forum, it's a great place for support and advice.
I work in Redditch so occasionally ride from Droitwich station, there's some lovely, if hilly riding out around there. I've got a book in the office that has some circular routes around there, if i remember tomorow i'll put some in.

paul

Top Bottom