Hello - I'm back to cycling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan Whicker

Hello all, first time poster - long time lurker.

After a 10-year absence I've returned to cycling. I've lived in London for almost 20 years, and for the first decade my primary form of transport was the bicycle. However, my love of classic scooters meant that pedalling around town took a back seat until recently when l decided to do something about my expanding waistline. I pulled my beloved Specialized Hardrock A1 out of the shed and started riding to work two or three times a week. That was 4 months ago - I'd forgotten how much I loved cycling, so I've just treated myself to a Trek 7.3FX. What a transformation compared to the MTB - and now I get to work 10 minutes quicker than by scooter! :eek:

Best wishes

'Alan'

Velorum

Greetings Alan.

Over the years I have owned various automotive items - cars, motorbikes etc - I always return to my first love though. Sounds like you have too.

This is an entertaining and useful place.

Velorum

whickerisland.jpg

sooperb

Are we really to believe an Octogenarian has taken up cycling again? By gum lad, you must have nerves of steel.

OP
OP
Alan Whicker

Alan Whicker

I can't imagine the real AW cycling in his blazer and slacks. But one should never underestimate a man who used to ride his jeep up the Spanish Steps in newly-liberated Rome after an evening out, God bless him.

Top Bottom