Hello, I'm new on here.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChopperGav

Über Member
Hello to you all just wanted to say a little bit about myself.
I live just outside of Norwich, Norfolk & could rightly be called a bit of a retro nut, having four Choppers (yep that's right) an ancient all steel racer & the latest purchase a Pashley Tourmaster tandem.
I have enjoyed cycling for a lot of years but only got back into it in the January of 2012. I did my first distance ride the Norwich 100 last year (on a Chopper of course) & have signed up to two more events for this year.
Thanks for reading.

Gary E

Veteran
You did 100 miles on a Chopper???

You're already one of my heroes.

Welcome aboard :smile:

OP
OP
ChopperGav

ChopperGav

Über Member
Thank you & Yes, 100 miles on a standard Mk2 Chopper complete with good old Sturmey Archer 3speed hub. I Did it in a moving time of 7 hrs 8mins at 14 mph average

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
Welcome ChopperGav :hello:
I remember chatting to you en-route during last years Norwich 100, then standing in the throng admiring your chopper (oooh stop it matron!!) at the Sheringham stop.

You doing it again this year?

OP
OP
ChopperGav

ChopperGav

Über Member
Thank you all, your comments are appreciated.
100, this year, on a Chopper!
YES! This time I'm not coming alone, there will be two of us!
If your interested I could give some more details, needless to say as last year I'm actually building the bike for the run & this one was a genuine barn find. Not in a good way more like something left behind after the cattle had been let out.

Herr-B

Wow, talk about inspiring - if 100 is doable on a chopper that 50 or 75 decision for me has just been made. Thanks, welcome, and keep it up.

OP
OP
ChopperGav

ChopperGav

Über Member
Thanks again,
I was hoping to add some photos but I am new to all things forum so please be patient.
With my good friend joining me this year we are hoping to increase the speed to finish at around the 6hrs 30mins mark (weather permiting).
It's a huge ask to shave 40 minutes off when the bike is not even finished & at the moment training is, to put it politely just awful.
:cheers:

Top Bottom