Hello ... New Here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The suspension on a budget mtb won't be very good at absorbing shocks being little more than a spring and most settings won't be very soft. If you've got a bad back you'd be better off with a good suspension seat post. You can also do more for your comfort by lowering the tyre pressures, try it when the weather allows.

OP
OP
Tal

Tal

Cycleops, Thank you for the advice. I will certainly look into the seat post and lowering the tire pressure.

These bikes have really good reviews here in the states. I just hope they are as good as the people and mags report. ;^)

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi Tal and welcome. I can imagine your really excited about your new bike and can't wait to put it through its paces. The best advice can offer is don't try and do to much on your first rides. Built your ride outs up slowly over the coming weeks and before you know it ,you'll be unashamedly addicted to the world of cycling. :-)

OP
OP
Tal

Tal

Hi there, johnnyb! Thank you for the welcome, advice and encouragement! I am really very excited! I look at myself in the mirror and say ... So you HAD to do this just as the snow is beginning for the winter season! LOL But that is ok. I need to lose some weight so after the new year I will be going back to my dietician and start some type of aerobics/weight program. I actually got the bike for that purpose - getting healthy. But a little conditioning before hand would be a good idea.

Thanks again!
Tal

OP
OP
Tal

Tal

2017-12-18 18.31.14.jpg

This is not a great picture but it gives you the idea.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Welcome! It is nice to see another one of us based in the US of A...... (Full disclosure: I am a transplanted Brit). These forums are great and you'll get a wealth of advice. Keep a thickish skin though as a small minority will post negative stuff based on where you are posting from -just brush it off and don't let them put you off!

Have fun on the bikes!

OP
OP
Tal

Tal

Nlgeyy - Thank you for the welcome and the advice. I do feel like a minority here but so far everyone has been very nice in spite of my place of residence. A thank you to everyone!

Doug - Thanks! So far so good! And Im not so fond of snow, either. The last 2 days we have had 40F to 50F degree weather which has melted all of the snow. But, it has rained the entire time. Bummer!

Fonze - Hello to you, as well!

OP
OP
Tal

Tal

Hi Jason and thank you for the welcome! I hope it is a fun bike ... it is the only one I have! :hyper: Seriously, though, I hope you are right about that!

Top Bottom