Hello newbie here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
morning this forum is a good place to start and have some fun en route

@Bealz998 get yourself a proper old retro steel racer and re live your youth .

ps i always have a few for sale and advice is free

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hello guys thanks for the welcoming only a few hundred as I haven't ever riden one, and I don't want to spend loads and not enjoy it :/
In that case I'll be the first to suggest the B'Twin Triban range from Decathlon. Last year's red Triban 3 was extremely popular and would be the one to get if you can find one in the right size as it came with a good drivetrain and a carbon fibre fork for only £300, but they are now very scarce. This year's white 3 is rated well by those who have bought one but is a lower spec for the same money.

If you can afford £130 more, the current Triban 5 has the carbon fork and a better drivertrain than the old 3 but is still cheaper than anything with nearly the same spec.

Other opinions will follow shortly.;)

Hi Jordan i'm afraid i only have a mountain bike as a ride so will not be of much help in the advice stakes when it comes to racing bikes but welcome aboard and good luck. Mike.

OP
OP
Bealz998

Bealz998

Thanks for your help and advice people there's a red tribal 3 for sale near my house on gumtree £280, which I have asked about .

What's people opinions on Viking ?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The Triban 3 sounds good but bear in mind a new one is just £20 more! So unless it has been seriously upgraded or you can knock him down go for new. The Viking bikes are not bad but the T3 is widely acclaimed as the best at that price.

bottlemsher

Über Member
Hi B

Welcome from another Norwichite

Give Molly's cycles a call on 01603 304396

He's in the Heartsease and he's got some demo road bikes available

If not ,I have some bikes which you could try if they fit you

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
As much as I hate to say it the Carrera TDF in Halfords is a lot of bike for its current sale price of £249. Not as good as the red Triban ......but probably next best thing. Especially if you know someone who can check it out for you ( as Halfords are hit and miss on cycle servicing)

Top Bottom