Hello! Picking up my new bike tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
When I got back into it I thought I'll just do a few miles or some sections on the local cycle routes. A week later I was hammering 30 miles and feeling like I could go on, you just get so into it :smile:. Much accessories will follow!!!!!

Enjoy!

bendanuk

So bendanuk how far have you went so far??

Although i have been trying to get out every night, I haven't had chance to go out since last wednesday due to the pain in the neck that is life ;)
I'm still doing the same 3.1mile route but doing it in 20 minutes without stopping rather than 30 minutes with 4 minutes stopping and resting as i did the first night out! it still takes me about 20-30 minutes to recover though, but there are a couple of hilly bits!

sannesley

Good to hear. The hilly bits are always a good challenge and conditioning tool. When you try a flatter ride you'll find it so much easier because of the hills ^_^

john xyz

How are you boys on the Crosstrails doing? I purchased an Elite Disk a few months ago.
I changed the saddle to a Brooks (leather - cant beat them imo). Also had changed the tyres recently as had 2 punctures in a many weeks on those it came with.
The choice of bike for me came down pretty much to purely to one of size. I'm 6'3" and in the £600ish price bracket, no other hybrid came close for a tall person...

Also have my trusty Carradice panniers on the rear. I see so many cyclists with backpacks and wince every time!

Top Bottom