Hello! Picking up my new bike tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Well managed to double my distance to 11 miles in 52 minutes. The bike is a dream compared to what I'm used too! Glad to report no jelly legs or stiffness! I think the bug is well and truly set in....... :bicycle:
Pee ing down just as i was about to go out :sad: sitting in kit in case it clears .......

OP
OP
damocool

damocool

I'm going for a small ride later nothing to big, hit a couple of segments.

bendanuk

Bike came today, been out on it for 30 mins and did 3.1miles. knackered is not the word! I guess i'm not 18 anymore. thoroughly enjoyed it though :biggrin:
WP_20140630_003.jpg

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Bike came today, been out on it for 30 mins and did 3.1miles. knackered is not the word! I guess i'm not 18 anymore. thoroughly enjoyed it though :biggrin: View attachment 49109
Well done on getting out.:thumbsup:

Just an observation though; that saddle is very low. Are you particularly short in the leg? If not, you'll find raising it will make riding very much easier.

An easy way to get it somewhere near right is to set it so that your leg is just about straight with your heel on the pedal at the bottom of the stroke. The leg will then have just about the right amount of bend in it when pushing with the ball of the foot and it can be fine tuned to suit from there.

bendanuk

Well done on getting out.:thumbsup:

Just an observation though; that saddle is very low. Are you particularly short in the leg? If not, you'll find raising it will make riding very much easier.

An easy way to get it somewhere near right is to set it so that your leg is just about straight with your heel on the pedal at the bottom of the stroke. The leg will then have just about the right amount of bend in it when pushing with the ball of the foot and it can be fine tuned to suit from there.

thanks for the comments!

I'll check saddle tomorrow, it came and it was very high so i just moved it down and went out as soon as i could!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
thanks for the comments!

I'll check saddle tomorrow, it came and it was very high so i just moved it down and went out as soon as i could!
Get the height right and you'll probably double your speed without trying.;)

It may need to be higher than you expect. Have a look at this thread for the reaction when I suggested @Pat "5mph" should put her saddle up a couple of inches.:laugh:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
thanks for the comments!

http://www.jimlangley.net/crank/bikefit.html

bendanuk

yes, its a good bike, way better than my bmx i had when i was younger! still getting used to having a bike with gears - never had one before! plus there's 27million of them! doing the same 3.1 mile route each night and getting quicker and not as knackered (but still knackered!) i don't think i will be doing the 20 mile routes some people have done after a week of getting back in the saddle. enjoying it though :smile:

Top Bottom