Cycling home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Somebody, driving along, took this photo of me cycling home, on Friday. He then posted it on one of my friends's facebook!

Cycling Home.jpg

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Nice!!

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

Nice photo!
can I be the first to ask if your knees don't hurt with your seat that low?
I knew somebody was gonna ask that question ^_^ If i put it any higher I'll not be able to reach the ground on stopping, I'll have to jump off. I've got wee short legs :laugh:
Get a bit uncomfortable only uphill, maybe should move the saddle a wee bit back? :blush:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
An inch or two???? How am I supposed to stop at the lights? My wee legs won't reach the ground! should I hop on/hop off, add aereobics to cycling? :wacko:
^_^ The trick is to put your weight on the pedals and just step gently down to the ground. It's easier to do than to describe and having the saddle higher would make your riding seem much easier as it causes less strain on the knees.

Everyone I've recommended this to has moaned that they couldn't touch the ground properly but when they've tried it they've found it does work.:angel:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
I'll be the second and add that you could change your name to Pat 10mph if you put it up a bit, well, quite a bit.
Join the queue. I'm next in line!:whistle:

OP
OP
Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph"

Ok guys, will follow your advice: I'll start from tomorrow's commute, roads are quiet on a holiday anyway, should I wobble a wee bit on stopping.
I shall report tomorrow night :thumbsup:

Top Bottom