Hello!! Soft seat wanted!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
there will loads of answer but not all clean so be warned and ready

rollinstok

Hi, I gave the wife a WTB Comfort saddle some time ago, she reckons its a lot better than the big heavy gel type saddles normally found in cheap bike shops. I think you can pick the WTB up for a little over £20 online. It will take some time before you can ride for long periods without suffering a little afterwards. It honestly will get easier and easier though. If you plan to commute regularly or do lots of long rides/tours it may be worth getting a hard saddle and breaking it in little but often..medium and long term this will be the best. If you want to just have the occasional casual ride then something like the WTB would be worth looking at.

Blue

Legendary Member
:welcome: The problem with soft saddles is that after anything other than a short ride, to the shops type of thing, they wrinkle and start to pinch, thereby causing discomfort. as has bee suggested, a firmish seat is actually best in the long run. Unfortunately, everyone 'seat' is different and saddle choice is very personal - what one finds great another may not be able to take at all. This means that the best thing is to find a shop that has a good stock and will let you try sitting on a few so that you can pick one that suits. Good luck with the search - it will bring results if you take your time.

Francesca

Hi - I have a Fizik Vista saddle which is quite comfortable - however, I do wear padded cycling shorts. I would recommend that you get padded cycle shorts, when I started cycling on my MTB I got a really sore bum, chaffing , red marks , the lot! Soft saddles are not always the comfiest.
My seat is quite firm.

Blue

Legendary Member
Hi - I have a Fizik Vista saddle which is quite comfortable - however, I do wear padded cycling shorts. I would recommend that you get padded cycle shorts, when I started cycling on my MTB I got a really sore bum, chaffing , red marks , the lot! Soft saddles are not always the comfiest.
My seat is quite firm.

:laugh: love it!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
:welcome: The problem with soft saddles is that after anything other than a short ride, to the shops type of thing, they wrinkle and start to pinch, thereby causing discomfort.

I have a soft (gel) saddle and have no problems doing 40-50 miles on it... no wrinkling, no pinching, no discomfort. My legs however... :blush:

Blue

Legendary Member
I have a soft (gel) saddle and have no problems doing 40-50 miles on it... no wrinkling, no pinching, no discomfort. My legs however... :blush:

The rest of my post, which you deleted from your quote, covered the fact that we are all different and that what suits one won't suit another. In general, soft seats are not the way to go for longer rides.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I'm a Brookes saddle fan through and through ! They might be hard at first but once it and your backside get cosy it is the best for any distance ( 100+ milers no problem ! ) Welcome by the way :hello:

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Im surprised no one has mentioned the best thing other than using the correct saddle for a sore bum

Sudocreme and a clean chami, pants, knickers or what ever floats your boat for every ride.

Top Bottom