Hello!! Soft seat wanted!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hello, I'm new to this and have the sore parts to prove it.
Have any ladies found a nice, comfy seat?
Hi! :welcome:
I have on both my bikes a seat called "Land Rover Gel". One came with the actual bike called Land Rower :smile: and the other replaces the narrow hard seat that came with my old car boot sale bike: my lbs had it spare, fitted it for £ 20.00 saying it costs £ 50.00 to buy :scratch:
They are quite firm seats, but much wider than the standard ones. MUCH better for a lady's ride! :giggle:
But I dare say you will get used to any seat, I never new there was more confortable seats to be had until I tried one by chance -I don't know much about bikes, being barely able to pedal :laugh:
Now, back to worrying about frozen brakes and worn rims .... maybe I should give cc a miss for a few days ...

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
silly male question so shoot me please

does thong wearing and cycling go together or do they not .

guys come on i know its a silly question , but how many thongs do you see creeping out a behind when wearer is bent down on the bars

silly male question so shoot me please

does thong wearing and cycling go together or do they not .

guys come on i know its a silly question , but how many thongs do you see creeping out a behind when wearer is bent down on the bars
On a Bicycle Not to much, but I do see thong bikinis around the beach on the back of a crotch rocket motorcycle!

Hi - knickers are womens panties....trollies are mens underpants...hope this explains :blush:
Well then, I was right in what they are... I just didn't know they were gender specific names. Thanks for the clarification!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The rest of my post, which you deleted from your quote, covered the fact that we are all different and that what suits one won't suit another. In general, soft seats are not the way to go for longer rides.

it was your suggestion that anything more than "a ride to the shop" is no good on a soft saddle i was disagreeing with.

yello

I would suggest you do look at women's specific saddles. And don't think soft necessarily means more comfortable as it's not the case as people have noted.

When my wife bought her bike (not a women's specific model) pretty much the first thing we did was swap the saddle to her tried and trusted 'Selle Italia Ldy' - it's soft but not squishy.

I've also read good reports of the Terry Butterfly, many women get on well with that.

Blue

Legendary Member
it was your suggestion that anything more than "a ride to the shop" is no good on a soft saddle i was disagreeing with.

Nothing wrong with my statement, especially since it was qualified by the rest of my post. You being an exception to a rule doesn't disprove the rule. However, I'm glad that you get on with a soft seat.

Top Bottom