Hello.....some help needed!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Recessed would tend to suggest MTB, although as you can tell from the thread so far the name is fairly meaningless, my bike is a carbon road bike, my pedals technically MTB. I would say as well that MTB cleats tend to have two bolts rather than the 3 used for road cleats but then you have things like the Speedplay system and Crank brothers.

I think you could well be right, they do indeed have two bolts. The main reason for choosing them was the ability to be able to walk a little more easily in them without wearing the cleat down so quickly, should my tyre go down for some reason, not for walking up hills you understand.
Sorry for hijacking your thread somewhat Pat and of course, welcome :hello:

theloafer

Legendary Member
hi pat
poss these might be of use to you i got the g/friend some shimano cycling shoe,s but did not fit the cleats as she did not wish to be fixed to the bike.. she has an old knee prob and did not want to use clips +straps (like me) i prefer them so to help keep her feet in the right place (for her) i got her a set of these .they really help her
http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebwPNLqrymode.a4p?f_ProductID=2246&f_SupersetQRY=Kmini toe clips&f_SortOrderID=-1&f_bct=

larry

Mozzy

Hello Pat

Both my knees are very dodgy, as are my hips soldiers, neck and back, much rebuilt so alas running did get the heave ho not long ago (seems years but actually just weeks). I wondered about the 'doo dah whatsit' pedals as well, and just started with ordinary petals and a pair of £16.99 Aldi cycling shoes; getting the latter because they looked to have a really good grip base. Possibly no different than half decent training shoes. Now my speed is building, I do find my feet slipping a tad and can see the benefit in 'DDW' ones so may well try it. Tis like anything really; here I was fretting a few weeks back about getting a saddle to replace mine and actually I've worn in quite happily and no longer even consider my existing one a problem, quite the reverse actually. The good people here suggested as much.

Where I have changed over the last week or two is to stay in a higher gear a lot more now so my legs are turning much slower, and staying put on petals easier. Spinning around doing 2mph up a hill with my legs and feet all over the place was getting difficult to say the least.

Don't rush anything Pat, take time to see what works best for you.

Mozzy

Top Bottom