Hello there Cyclepeople!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smoggytom

Regular
Hi all,

I'm just sort of in the process of trying to get in to cycling, and looking for a place to chat about it (i.e. beg for help to cure my ignorance).

I'm basically trying to find a form of exercise that I don't hate (Jogging. Uuurgh) and won't get bored with easily. Got myself a decent (I think) second hand bike - a Scott Speedster, and some assorted accessories - headset, lights, waterproof etc. though I can't quite bring myself to get in to lycra just yet.

I live on the northern fringes of the North Yorks Moors, so I'm looking forward to exploring some cracking country.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Welcome.
There are many really knowledgeable people on here so feel free to ask whatever, you'll get some good advice for sure.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Welcome!

I saw in your punctures post that you are a very big lad. The NY Moors are pretty extreme so I hope you have some nice low gears on your new bike? (If you feel it is overgeared, then search for the forum for advice. There have been many discussions on how to lower gearing for steep hills.)

T4tomo

Legendary Member
"I live on the northern fringes of the North Yorks Moors"
Funny how that's never described as the Southern Fringes of Teesside ^_^

Leaway2

Lycrist
I can't quite bring myself to get in to lycra just yet.

Don't fight it, you do really don't you? I hope the cycling bug bites, enjoy the rides don't overdo it.

Top Bottom