Hello there!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Iainjw, 12 Jul 2012.

1. Iainjw

Iainjw Regular

Hi all, just joined.

Literally just starting getting back into cycling after about 12 years.

Bought a bike about 2 years ago with the intention of commuting to work, did it for a week (alright, three days - felt like I was going to die!) and the bike became a permanent ornament in the spare room ever since!

Saw that the Skyride was on in Manchester this weekend and decided enough was enough and that I should get my lazy backside out and about and fit again.

Have been pootling a short route round Manchester CC the last few days after work and I'm finding it easier each day.

My goal is to ride to work (CC to the airport) but that will have to wait - baby steps!

cheers

Iain

2. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

:welcome: to CChat Iain, don't worry, you will reach your goal in time!

3. aJohnson

aJohnson Senior Member

Hello and welcome :smile:

4. Nearly there

Nearly there Über Member

5. cyberknight

cyberknight Wibble

6. Powely

Powely Well-Known Member

7. Berties

Berties Fast and careful!

welcome along to cycle chat,and good luck achieving you goals:thumbsup:

8. Part time cyclist

Part time cyclist Über Member

Hi and welcome to the forum

9. OP
    OP
    Iainjw

Iainjw Regular

Well, did the Skyride and really enjoyed it - not as bad as I was expecting after ages out of the saddle!
    Due to work not had any chance to get out since but went out tonight, through Manchester, up Oxford Road to Fallowfield, down the loopline (absolutley gorgeous - If I'd known how nice it was down there I 'd have done it ages ago!) through Chorlton and then home.

I don't think I'm going to be snapping at any of Team GB's heels in a hurry but I was impressed with myself and plan to do the same route for the next few days while the weather's good to see if I can better my time (using Strava to track it.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice