Hello there!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iainjw

Regular
Hi all, just joined.

Literally just starting getting back into cycling after about 12 years.

Bought a bike about 2 years ago with the intention of commuting to work, did it for a week (alright, three days - felt like I was going to die!) and the bike became a permanent ornament in the spare room ever since!

Saw that the Skyride was on in Manchester this weekend and decided enough was enough and that I should get my lazy backside out and about and fit again.

Have been pootling a short route round Manchester CC the last few days after work and I'm finding it easier each day.

My goal is to ride to work (CC to the airport) but that will have to wait - baby steps!

cheers

Iain

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: to CChat Iain, don't worry, you will reach your goal in time!

OP
OP
I

Iainjw

Regular
Saw that the Skyride was on in Manchester this weekend and decided enough was enough and that I should get my lazy backside out and about and fit again.

Well, did the Skyride and really enjoyed it - not as bad as I was expecting after ages out of the saddle!
Due to work not had any chance to get out since but went out tonight, through Manchester, up Oxford Road to Fallowfield, down the loopline (absolutley gorgeous - If I'd known how nice it was down there I 'd have done it ages ago!) through Chorlton and then home.

I don't think I'm going to be snapping at any of Team GB's heels in a hurry but I was impressed with myself and plan to do the same route for the next few days while the weather's good to see if I can better my time (using Strava to track it.)

Top Bottom