Hello to all from Ayrshire.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pedal Bob

Hi all, just a quick hello and intro from me. I am from Ardrossan in Ayrshire and have been riding as a main hobby for over 20 years now, originally mostly mtb but progressing more onto road riding. Like so many others on here, I have dipped my toe into road riding by purchasing a Triban 3 (August last year) but after a bit of upgrading, it no longer could really be called a Triban! I have 4 bikes just now- 12 year old Claud Butler hard tail mtb which is my winter bike, a Giant Anthem full susser, a Giant XTC carbon framed mtb/hybrid and a Moser framed Triban but I am open minded about whether I will eventually add to my fleet. I justify it to myself as it is my only 'vice' lol!
Anyway, enough of my ramblings, I look forward to becoming an active member of this excellent forum.

Hiya fae Fife and that other wee place to the south :hello:

OP
OP
Pedal Bob

Pedal Bob

Hi Ern1e! My wife isn't quite so impressed unfortunately and can't understand why anyone would need more than one bike at.a time. My reply to her is that I can't understand why a woman needs more than 1 pair of shoes a time.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Welcome from over the other side in Perthshire. Currently have three bikes and still can't help looking at others!

Keep thinking this weather and the state of the roads might justify a cyclocross bike.

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi Ern1e! My wife isn't quite so impressed unfortunately and can't understand why anyone would need more than one bike at.a time. My reply to her is that I can't understand why a woman needs more than 1 pair of shoes a time.
Understood and dare I agree (shumbo is watching lol) it is quite amazing how bicycles catch one's eye at times.Having just bought and sold one that when I got it seemed like a good idea but after riding it for a while well enough said lol.
ernie.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hiya from Glasgow Pedal Bob!
You can't have too many bikes: I say it and I'm a :girl:

OP
OP
Pedal Bob

Pedal Bob

hiya there :hello:
surely a moser framed triban is a moser now ?the triban thing is gone

Hi Jim, yes you are right. Only the groupset and bars remain from the donor bike! I changed the frame from a 57cm which I 'thought' would be big enough for me, but didn't try out unfortunately, to a 58cm Moser from from Merlin which was significantly bigger. Only cost me £50 to change (sold old frame on ebay) so not to bad. Had to buy a new seatpost though as was different diameter. Have also changed the wheels as wasn't impressed with them.

Hi Mo!

Hi Pat!

Col5632

Guru
Welcome to the forum from Dunfermline :hello:

We are "planning" to do a ride around arran in the not so distant future so keep an eye out in the informal rides section, we have one in glasgow this weekend if you can make it?

OP
OP
Pedal Bob

Pedal Bob

Hi Col, I have noticed the CC Eccosse thread and would be interested in joining a ride or two in the future. Unfortunately I am working this weekend but would be interested in the Arran ride. Luckily staying in Ardrossan, it is only a five minute ride from my house to the ferry terminal. I rode around Arran in October last year and thoroughly enjoyed it although legs were starting to cramp near the end!

Col5632

Guru
Hi Col, I have noticed the CC Eccosse thread and would be interested in joining a ride or two in the future. Unfortunately I am working this weekend but would be interested in the Arran ride. Luckily staying in Ardrossan, it is only a five minute ride from my house to the ferry terminal. I rode around Arran in October last year and thoroughly enjoyed it although legs were starting to cramp near the end!

Thats a shame you can't make this weekend but there will be another one soon enough and hopefully alot more once the weather gets better :thumbsup:

Top Bottom