Hello to all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian Sivewright

Hi there as you can see im new to this, i was injured in afghanistan last year and have been giving a bike (merida sculture evo) from help for heroes to aide my recovery. as im still shaky on my legs im looking for any advice as im unsure on well everything haha but mainly unsure about road riding is there any common practise for somebody who is a novice with injurys who is to keen on just going for it as i dont want to set myself back further

thanks for taking the time to read this

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi Brian, :welcome:

simon.r

Person
Ayup.

I guess the sensible advice is to push yourself a bit, but without over-doing it. I hesitate to ask, but what are your injuries? There may well be someone on here who can offer advice that's fairly specific to you.

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Hi Brian and welcome to the forum, if you are unsure to start with can you not find some local cycle paths of a fairly large local park land to regain confidence???

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:hello: Brian and :welcome: to CycleChat ! :wahhey:

You'll have seen that there are quite a few CC members in Scotia :biggrin: - and we occasionally organise a CC Ecosse Forum Ride**, which would be posted in this section of the forum.

For gaining confidence, it might be good to get some proper cycle training - there are a number of different organisations who offer this and you might should be able to get any costs paid for .... :thumbsup:

For some background or foreground reading, probably the best book is Cyclecraft - John Franklin.

HTH and that we will see you soon on a CC Ecosse Forum Ride**. :bicycle:

** Fundamental Rules for all CC Ecosse Forum Rides:
  • NO ONE gets left behind :bravo:
  • any bike will do :cycle: :bicycle:
  • there will be CAKE :hungry:

Fubar

Guru
Hi Brian, :welcome: to the forum - whereabouts in Scotland are you?? Regards, Mark

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
A great big welcome from me Brian :welcome: and another thanks for all you have done for us.

Top Bottom