Hello to you all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dicko

Guru
I was thirteen when my dad bought me my first bike in 1959. We were with the RAF in Germany and for my birthday I was given a German built bike with a back pedal brake. This bike saw me through to starting my first job at 16 as an apprentice engineer. It was now 1963 and Moulton bicycles were all the rage. So I bought a Moulton standard (£24) with 3 speed Sturmey Archer, my first set of gears. A gap now as I married and we had our first child then a drawing office job comes up and also a Raleigh Wayfarer to get me there and home at lunch time/home time. Over the next thirty years I went from racing bikes for all the family then we went to mountain bikes and cycling in France as a family (French cycle groups all wave to us as we cycle along!). Now in my last work year I need something not quite as heavy as my Raleigh Endurance but as my youngest son has a Claude Butler I chose a Hybrid 28 gear Legend and it suits me just fine.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Wow,some cycling history there !!! Welcome to the site and i see you have not escaped the RAF link by living in "bomber county" Still never forget that damn hill out of Lincoln towards Waddington,i always thought it was supposed to be flat !!

Top Bottom