Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi All !

Newish to the Forum !
Been a bike mechanic for 3 years
I'm organising The Sportive St Andrews in August
www.sportivestandrews.co.uk
& about to take the plunge and start making my own bikes as well, with the Jedi Welder Dave S!
Now that my youngest daughter heads to school in August I get to work full time again yay !

Ride safe and keep smiling

Ky

Col5632

Guru
:welcome: to the site Ky, good few of us are hoping to make it to the st andrews sportive :bicycle:

looks a good day,stay in renfrew near glasgow talking to my 2 pals may come up and join in, we have the glasgow 100 on the 12th Aug and then the pedal for scotland through to edinburgh, but this is bag in between and may just fit right in there. good luck in building your own bikes and the sportive

OP
OP
Ky Thomasson-Kay
:welcome:

Not often I see someone who shares a surname with me although mine is just Thomason with the on "s"
Martin we're the only family in Scotland, that retained the "ss" plenty of us in the US of A and in Normandie of all places.
Chances are, like us, you're Viking, Paid by the French with money & Land to Settle in Normandie & then came to Plunder in 1066
There's a few around York & Yorkshire as well.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Yep definitely viking. Someone in the family did some research and apparently my family went from Norway to Ireland, stayed a few centuries and then crossed into the NW of England.

There's not many around in SE England but bizarrely my work email has a "1" at the end which suggests I'm not the first to work here!!

OP
OP
Ky Thomasson-Kay
Yep definitely viking. Someone in the family did some research and apparently my family went from Norway to Ireland, stayed a few centuries and then crossed into the NW of England.

There's not many around in SE England but bizarrely my work email has a "1" at the end which suggests I'm not the first to work here!!
2 Centuries of fighting and drinking mead then moving over the Irish Sea that's pretty slow, the Irish ladies of the time must have been keepers !

martint235

Dog on a bike
2 Centuries of fighting and drinking mead then moving over the Irish Sea that's pretty slow, the Irish ladies of the time must have been keepers !
Yep I think (I wasn't really paying attention) that it took around 400 years to cross from West Ireland to around Dublin then across the Irish Sea.

Top Bottom