Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know I'm not new as I have posted on here before but it has been so long since I last frequented these shores that I thought this was a fitting thread.

Anyway. My cycling has become far more frequent and I'm actually achieving some good mileage and times (in my opinion). This week alone I've rode to Delamere forest (50 miler), Wigan (20miles) and Warrington a few times. I'm no pro but I'm getting around comfortably at an average speed of about 16 miles per hour. I'm really happy with this!!!

Anyway, I've decided it's about time I looked at joining a club. The three on my door step are Wigan wheelers, St. Helens cycling club and chapel house cycling club. All three are within a 5 to 15 minute ride from me (I live in haydock). Do any of you ride for these clubs or could recommend one over another?

If I'm honest I guess I'm a little worried that if I join one of these clubs I will be left for dust.

So if anyone can recommend a club either from the three I have mentioned or maybe one I've not found then please let me know by return.

Many thanks

Paul

Ern1e

Über Member
Hi Paul sorry but I am not from "your neck of the woods" so can't comment on any of the clubs you have mentioned, all I will say is if they are a decent bunch of people no one ever get's left behind or for dust. I think that most clubs would have members of varying abilities so you may not end up on your own for long lol.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi Paul and :welcome:.

I don't know about these specific clubs, but I believe most clubs offer a run oriented towards a more social pace/beginners. Judging by comments from other members on here, if you can reliably average 16mph on your own you may find that you can fit in with a faster group than you expect.

Top Bottom