Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pedalow62

Regular
Saw this forum whilst looking for advice regarding mudguards for a cx bike, finally decided to bite the bullet and sign up! I live in merseyside and use my bike everyday for commuting to work. Currently using a mountain bike but have ordered a boardman cx after some scumbag nicked my giant roam. Anyone had a good experience at Halfords seem to get bad reviews and I'm a bit concerned that bits will start to fall off my new bike as I'm riding.

ScotiaLass

Guru
:welcome:
Bit's won't fall off your bike, but just make sure it's built up properly :smile:

13 rider

Guru
I bought a 13 brand bike from halfords Leicester in sept and can recomand both bike and halfords Leicester the bike will be fine Boardman still have a good reputation .halfords bad rep seems to come from quailty of build from new and that just depends on the staff in store .Give the bike a good check over when picking it up and take back if any problems. Happy riding

Last edited:

Hyslop

Veteran
Hello there,:welcome:

wisdom

Guru
:welcome: From Blackpool.
A word of warning about this site its extremely addictive.Guess I visit at least once a day.
Dont be afraid to ask any questions now matter how silly it sounds.You will most certainly get an answer as there is a wealth of knowledge on here.
wizz

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Halfords bad rep is due to inconsistency in work, stock, delivery... you name it, it'll be goodfor ssome and dangerous for others. Also, they don't pay into the bike hub solidarity funding scheme that pays towards space4cycling and so on, instead paying more to their investors.

Top Bottom