Hello...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boon 51

Veteran
Hi from me and welcome..
I've just bought a house in Deal so I could always bung the bike in the back of the car or meet somewhere neutral for a ride out when I'm over in the UK, should be moving to the UK very soon.

Bryony

Veteran
Hello all,

This is getting quite close to home. I was thinking of starting off on the cycle route along the seafront from Palm Bay or Botany Bay towards North Forelands, do you have any other recommendations for cycle routes around Thanet?

Jim
Have you been round the Viking coastal trail?
http://www.kent.gov.uk/leisure-and-...te-or-centre/cycle-rides-viking-coastal-trail

OP
OP
TheVDM

TheVDM

Regular
Hi from me and welcome..
I've just bought a house in Deal so I could always bung the bike in the back of the car or meet somewhere neutral for a ride out when I'm over in the UK, should be moving to the UK very soon.
Deal's not too far off, although it is the route of 100 roundabouts! I'd be up for a sharing a ride when you're in the UK.

It looks like the Palm Bay to North Forelands route I was thinking of is part of the Viking coastal trail, althought I'm not sure how I would cope with 32 miles at the moment, I'm sure I'll build up the stamina soon :pump:

Sorry to but in but I will do that ride so I will save the link.. :thumbsup:
I don't mind, the internet is a world of free information... well at least most of it is :laugh:

Bryony

Veteran
Palm Bay to North Foreland is a nice little route, it does get a little hilly in North Foreland. I've not done the whole of the Viking Trail yet just little sections of it. There's also some nice rides out Sandwich way and fairly flat too!

OP
OP
TheVDM

TheVDM

Regular
Palm Bay to North Foreland is a nice little route, it does get a little hilly in North Foreland. I've not done the whole of the Viking Trail yet just little sections of it. There's also some nice rides out Sandwich way and fairly flat too!
Sandwich it is then, I don't think I could handle much in the way of hills at the moment (well up hill at least). I was also thinking about Reculver to Whitstable as the seafront way is very level all the way, I used to ride that route quite often years back.

Bryony

Veteran
Haha I'm the same I hate going up hills (love going down them!) Reculver to Whitstable is nice too. If you ever want company let me know I'm not the quickest (I have a heart condition) but I plod along quite happily lol!!

Hello Jim, & welcome

I too, are a fan of the Solihull produced vehicles & have had several
- a 2A Light-Weight (head-lights in grill, not in 'wing-boxes')
- Two 90's (when they were called that, one was a factory V8 Count Station Wagon)
- a 110 HArd-Top (300Tdi)
- a Discovery 50th Anniversary
- a 110Td5 County Station Wagon

That said, I'd still like a Rover Sd1 (the V8S), or a P5B

OP
OP
TheVDM

TheVDM

Regular
Haha I'm the same I hate going up hills (love going down them!) Reculver to Whitstable is nice too. If you ever want company let me know I'm not the quickest (I have a heart condition) but I plod along quite happily lol!!
I can't see me being too quick, I only tend to go fast when their's petrol involved :laugh:

Hello Jim, & welcome

I too, are a fan of the Solihull produced vehicles & have had several
- a 2A Light-Weight (head-lights in grill, not in 'wing-boxes')
- Two 90's (when they were called that, one was a factory V8 Count Station Wagon)
- a 110 HArd-Top (300Tdi)
- a Discovery 50th Anniversary
- a 110Td5 County Station Wagon

That said, I'd still like a Rover Sd1 (the V8S), or a P5B
Hi Richard,
Usually I tend to go for the Longbridge cars although I've had a couple that were borne in Solihull. An SD1 3500 is in the line-up for 'one day', there's a stunning P6 at the end of my road, although I think the P5 looks better it still catches my eye. The next non daily runner for me would have to be a Rover 800 Vitesse, either with the 2.7 or 2.0 turbo.
Jim

Hi Richard,
Usually I tend to go for the Longbridge cars although I've had a couple that were borne in Solihull. An SD1 3500 is in the line-up for 'one day', there's a stunning P6 at the end of my road, although I think the P5 looks better it still catches my eye. The next non daily runner for me would have to be a Rover 800 Vitesse, either with the 2.7 or 2.0 turbo.
Jim

The last one I drove, that was, shall we say, linked to Rover, was a TVR Griffith 500

It's still probably number 1 on my 'I want one, as a Sunday car' list

Top Bottom