Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ralphbostie

Hi everyone, new here and just returned to cycling from a lengthy lay off, after suffering Osteoarthritis of the knees my doctor recommended cycling again and after testing the Boardman HYB 8.9 E bike decided to invest.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Retep

Hi Ralph, I also have osteoarthritis in my knees. I did not listen to doctor for years, returned to cycling a couple of years ago and knees collapse less. I also have a Boardman hybrid and love it. I changed pedals to hybrid cleats also have stem riser on as also have 2 prolapsed and 2 compared discs.

OP
OP
R

Ralphbostie

Hi Ralph, I also have osteoarthritis in my knees. I did not listen to doctor for years, returned to cycling a couple of years ago and knees collapse less. I also have a Boardman hybrid and love it. I changed pedals to hybrid cleats also have stem riser on as also have 2 prolapsed and 2 compared discs.
Hi Retep, seems to be working for my knees as well, my mate suggested changing my pedals to cleats, something I will look into. I went for the Electric Boardman Bike, mainly because we’ve got some nasty hills around us on the edge of the Peak District. My right knee seems to hurt when I confront any hill so just having an assist helps me out.

OP
OP
R

Ralphbostie

Welcome, take it easy on the knees.I had two Arthur Oscopies around 2003 and now as right as rain.
Thanks Postman, not pushing it too much at this stage, just glad I took the Doctors advice, he suggested the Electric bike to help when I needed it.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome:welcome:

Top Bottom