Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Hi all, based close to Dartford. First cycling introduction was being taken to Calshot activities centre from school, riding the track was quite an experience for a total novice! I believe at that time the track at calshot was the steepest banking in existence... the first thing the coach said to us was "try to run up it". First taste of proper road cycling was a brief spell with the Bournemouth Arrow when I was about 17 then with the New Forrest CC. I dabbled with some time trialing, including the Crabwood CC restricted gear 25 (do they still happen) What have always enjoyed most however is using cycling to go places (love Wales) so ended up with Southampton CTC hard riding section who mainly focused on Audax, from 200 to 1000K including a 600 on Fixed that a team of us set up our self. Having ridden with the WKRC for a while I am now happily independent and encouraging my partner to ride. I use a Ribble alu road bike (the other Ribble is now my better half's!) I also have a Gillott framed fixed wheel 48x19, an Alf Webb 531 that is kind of 80/90's Audax I guess. Ive got a Scott mountain bike too.
So now enjoying the lanes of Kent^_^

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome to the forum
Mention of your Fixie reminded me of the sixties when my friend had a lovely blue A.S. Gillott which I really coveted.
Look forward to your posts.

Sharky

Guru
Hi there,

We may have met? I was a WKRC member for a while (85-97 ish), then it fizzled out and had a few quiet years, then resumed with the Gravesend CC in 2005 where I have been ever since. Mostly solo riding, but ride the evening 10's down in Grain when they run. See a few WKRC riders out on the roads from time to time and a couple have ridden the Grain events.

Cheers
Keith (Longfield)

OP
OP
Teamfixed

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Hi
I was with West Kent 2003-2008 ish, Alan Brown was Chairman I think, I'm a bit casual now but still enjoying it. I rode the Bexley CC evening 10's a few times but nothing special! Plus of course most of the reliability trials.
Tim

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
Don't think I met Alan B. although his name is familiar. In my day, it was Peter Stone. Still see Colin and his sons occasionally, either through our other sport (table tennis) or at the Grain 10's.

Cheers
Keith

Top Bottom