Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DeHoody

Über Member
Hi All
Just joined, looks great , lots of useful tips and interesting stories etc.
I don't ride nearly as much as I'd like (commute to work 2 days a week and one weekend ride) but I am striving to increase this.
I would like to tinker a little more than I do also and much of the knowledge that I will need seems to be available here.
Nice to be on board!

Welcome to the forum, Dehoody! :thumbsup:

There are plenty of forumers here in your neck of the woods, so look out for an announcement for a CC forum ride!

Stay around, it's a fun place to be!

OP
OP
D

DeHoody

Über Member
Ok Davyo, thanks
I must admit it did appear to me that most of the forumers were biased towards the North (better riding up there), but yes I'll be keeping an eye out for announcements.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Welcome to the board DeHoody. There are a good few Kentish types on the board including a few in Rochester..

OP
OP
D

DeHoody

Über Member
Hi arallsopp,
I have just checked out a couple of the vids on Youtube-the rides look great and have emailed FNRTTC enquiring if there are any spaces for the Whitstable ride.
I see I am en route for Whitstable but where from and what is the normal set off time?
Once there do people generally ride back?

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
DeHoody said:
I see I am en route for Whitstable but where from and what is the normal set off time? Once there do people generally ride back?

Departs London's Hyde Park Corner at midnight under the full moon, arrives at the coast in time for breakfast. There are around 4 or 5 regulars for the ride back to London, each of whom is normally trying to recruit/convince/trick a few more into attempting the same. The pace is conversational on the way down, and somewhat accelerated on the way home. We normally hit the coast between 7 and 9am, add an hour for brekkie, then reach Rochester around 2 hours into the homeward leg.

OP
OP
D

DeHoody

Über Member
FNRTTC Whitstable

Hi Arallsopp

I was able to get on the Whitstable run.

Is it now just a case of turning up for the off at Midnight or will there be communication from the organisers?

Also, do people ever join the ride en route?

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
DeHoody said:
Hi Arallsopp

I was able to get on the Whitstable run.

Is it now just a case of turning up for the off at Midnight or will there be communication from the organisers?

Also, do people ever join the ride en route?

Hopefully you've received a mail from Dellzeqq explaining how things work on the ride. Sorry I can't join you on this one (new baby on the way) but hope to be able to get down to the start to wave you off. Things get complicated if riders are able to join and leave mid route, so its likely I'll just pootle home from HPC directly.

Top Bottom