Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yampug

Hello all:biggrin:, new to road bikes had a few old mountain bikes over the years, i've just picked up an old carrera celeste off ebay 20 years old and looks like new, probably a pile of crap compared to new stuff but i like it.:blush:

here it is in all it's glory-
DSC00886.jpg

being 6'6" my main thoughts were getting one big enough, frame size is 63cm.

few teething problems with it so far, front puncture, chain fell off, chain came apart, cycle computer decided to commit suicide in a hedge on first ride, and gear cable snapped but all sorted now and starting to enjoy it.

steve

bauldbairn

Very Nice yampug! ;)

Welcome to the CC forums by the way. :blush:

accountantpete

Brexiteer
That's a humungous bike you have there Yampug - even so the seat looks a little low (unless you have short legs and a really tall torso).

Welcome aboard

OP
OP
Y

yampug

accountantpete said:
That's a humungous bike you have there Yampug - even so the seat looks a little low (unless you have short legs and a really tall torso).

Welcome aboard

all been adjusted to my height since pic that was the night i picked it up so still set for last owner, seats now at nearly it's heighist position and bars raised a bit too. my legs are reasonably long but not enourmous, yeah torso quite long. starting to get used to it now had it over 30mph:biggrin: done about 50 miles so far.

OP
OP
Y

yampug

after a 1000 miles on the celeste i thought it about time to upgrade a bit as the celeste was starting to creak and groan a bit, so i built this from an old gazelle champion mondial.

DSC00931.jpg

i've upgraded it with 14 speed instead of 12 and brake/shifters instead of the down tube shifters that were on it. nice light 531 frame and mainly shimanno 105 early nineties components.

Top Bottom