Hellooooo from a new guy :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hunterforce

Hi
Ive been looking at this forum for a while now and decided to join you guys.

Im Tony, i live in SE london and i have recently taken up cycling again, my main ain is to loose some weight and also to enjoy just getting out there!!!

I used to commute to work ages ago on a peugeot premier road bike untill i had a road accident and was off for a good few years.
I then went to the MTB scene using a diamond back ascent of which i changed to road tyres, this served me well for a while.
My present bike is a claud butler Cape wrath, great bike (I know its not top dog, but it works lol) and in the last few weeks i have decided to bring it into the light of day once again after being in the shed for the past 5 years doing nothing (I started a family and they kinda took all my time :smile:)
so now the kids wanna go out so i have taken the plundge and i have the bug again.
Now im no light weight (335Lb) so its real hard right now to do any sort of miles but the main thing is im trying and loving every minute.
I have the strava app and my first ride was 0.9 of a mile and it came close to doing me right in, but it didnt stop me.
that was 3 weeks ago and yesterday after meeting a friend for coffee he took me out with him and we done 8.6 miles, dont sound a lot, but at 335 LB on off road tyers and up and down hills i was over the moon with it.
I cant walk today but hey who cares lol i cant wait to get back out and do the 10 miles now, thats my next challenge.
Now for the bike!!, at the moment i would not feel comfortable on a road bike due to my size, so a MTB is the way im staying for a year or so untill i loose some of the weight, but hopefully in the next week or so i am going to be getting a new bike, a scott aspect 29 sport so see how i go with a bigger wheel.
I will also be looking to change the tyers on it to make it a little easier as right now it feels like im dragging a dustbin behind me.
Well ill keep this updated, but thats me.

tony

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi Tony and welcome to Cycle Chat...

Another SE Londoner here too... there are a few of us on the forum.

OP
OP
Hunterforce

Hunterforce

Hiya fella Im not to far from you (Biggin hill), i ended up in downe and cudham yesterday was Awesome!!.

Thanks for the hi mate :smile:

Top Bottom