Helmet Camera Competition for charity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
PrettyboyTim said:
To be fair, when I won the camera, Magnatom had already leant it to Bonj, and Bonj sent it to me after he'd played with it, which is why the comment about him licking it kind of fits in.

I always got the impression that Bonj enjoys adding a little bit of spice to the forum - I'm sure he's not offended :biggrin:

I think he's a little upset

23510539.jpg

bonj2

PrettyboyTim said:
I like the little USB card reader that Magnatom included with this camera. It's just been through the washing machine and tumble dryer in my jeans pocket and it's still working fine... :biggrin:

magnatom said:
That's nothing. I'd dropped it down the toilet and accidentally flushed it away. I ran really quick and managed to open up the manhole cover in the garden to catch it before it entered the main sewers. Unfortunately the drain was shared with my neighbour who had a nasty case of the runs at the time and happened to have flushed the toilet at the same time.

Luckily all of this happened just as I was about to package the reader up and send it off as the prize in the competition. So instead of cleaning it up I thought I'd just bung into the envelope and send it off. It's great to hear it still works!

:biggrin::biggrin:

that bloody usb thing never did work for me!
so now we get to the bottom of why!

it needed a wash...

PrettyboyTim

I'm very sorry to report that the camera appears to have stopped working. It turns itself off whenever I insert a memory card (I've tried it with two cards now). If it's just a contact shaken loose inside I may be able to fix it, but first I've got to find a triangular-shaped screwdriver to open with (TP3, i believe).. :sad:

bonj2

oh dear
might be worth contacting the manufacturer, it's probably not under any sort of warranty but you never know they may be feeling generous.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

PrettyboyTim said:
I'm very sorry to report that the camera appears to have stopped working. It turns itself off whenever I insert a memory card (I've tried it with two cards now). If it's just a contact shaken loose inside I may be able to fix it, but first I've got to find a triangular-shaped screwdriver to open with (TP3, i believe).. :tongue:

:biggrin: It has been through two crashes! Hope you get it working again, I would feel lost without a camera now!

col

Legendary Member
I suppose its similar to the feeling, when you forget to set the house alarm when you go out?If you know what i mean?

Top Bottom