Helmet Camera Competition for charity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

snorri said:
I only spotted one, and it was on a rack on a car.

If you look towards my commute vid in the 'a commute i did yesterday' thread, there's a cyclist near the end that I almost overtake (and would have done if I had continued past my turn off). I could have gone on a detour just to overtake him, but then I'm not Cab. :biggrin:

bonj2

Can I just say I think this was a great thing to do, having it for charity and just like to convey my thanks aswell. A helmet cam is something I've always wanted to have a play with, but would never have really bought myself as it's not something I would use all the time once the novelty's worn off, so it's perfect for me. So thanks a lot.

and Tim, I posted it this lunchtime so should be winging its way to you now (posties permitting...)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

bonj said:
Can I just say I think this was a great thing to do, having it for charity and just like to convey my thanks aswell. A helmet cam is something I've always wanted to have a play with, but would never have really bought myself as it's not something I would use all the time once the novelty's worn off, so it's perfect for me. So thanks a lot.

.....and if you remember, bonj, you helped seed the idea! I was going to sell it for about £40, instead SMNDA have made over £200. It would appear it was a no brainer in the end!

Just means that the weans will have to go without new jackets for the winter.....:biggrin::ohmy::biggrin:

bonj2

magnatom said:
.....and if you remember, bonj, you helped seed the idea! I was going to sell it for about £40, instead SMNDA have made over £200. It would appear it was a no brainer in the end!

Just means that the weans will have to go without new jackets for the winter.....:cry::ohmy::biggrin:

aaaaaaaah!!! :cry::cry::biggrin::biggrin:
yes IIRC it was my idea to raffle it, but your idea to make it for charity.
I'm not sure whose idea it was to lend it to me, but whoevers it was thanks, it was fun!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

gambatte said:
Could sign up for the Aldi alerts?:biggrin::laugh:

Actually, they are about to build a new Aldi not too far from where I live (far enough not to bring the area down of course :ohmy: ) Maybe it will become a regular haunt....

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
magnatom said:
Actually, they are about to build a new Aldi not too far from where I live (far enough not to bring the area down of course :ohmy: ) Maybe it will become a regular haunt....

Like Meadowhall Retail Park is miles away?

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
magnatom said:
Just means that the weans will have to go without new jackets for the winter.....:biggrin::ohmy::cry:

gambatte said:
Could sign up for the Aldi alerts?:cry::laugh:

Why not set up a Charidy for ' Magnatoms freezing weans winter jackets appeal ' on just giving ? :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Good news Tim!! Surely you should have the package for the wife... or maybe I shouldn't go there;)

Elmer,

:laugh:I wonder if Blue Peter would take up the cause.....:ohmy:

PrettyboyTim

Well, the camera has arrived and I've been mucking about with it. Thanks, Magnatom and Bonj! Unfortunately I didn't find any way to fit it to my helmet that I was happy with, so I've strapped it to my my bike's head tube. I found the handlebar fitting to be too loose and I've haven't gotten around to finding a suitable shim.

It seems fine there except that the gear and brake cables obscure the view a little when the handlebars are turned to the right :ohmy:

Anyway, I'll upload my commute to work tomorrow. I'm tempted to let my son hold it in the child trailer for the first section when I drop him off at nursery...

bonj2

PrettyboyTim said:
Well, the camera has arrived and I've been mucking about with it. Thanks, Magnatom and Bonj! Unfortunately I didn't find any way to fit it to my helmet that I was happy with, so I've strapped it to my my bike's head tube. I found the handlebar fitting to be too loose and I've haven't gotten around to finding a suitable shim.

It seems fine there except that the gear and brake cables obscure the view a little when the handlebars are turned to the right :ohmy:

Anyway, I'll upload my commute to work tomorrow. I'm tempted to let my son hold it in the child trailer for the first section when I drop him off at nursery...

the handlebar fitting might work better if you put more of those little rubber shim things in? It only worked on my road bike 'cos it's got fat handlebars, i had the similar issue on my mtb.

Top Bottom