Helmet Camera Competition for charity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

the bit that i do in the video though is imho a million miles better with spds... on the fast bit about 2/3 of the way down my feet always used to fly off the pedals on flats... not so the other day :biggrin:

bonj2

gambatte said:
Don’t know, about that section from your last post. I’ve got the OS map somewhere. I’ll try and find it.

Our route took us to Shorts lane, left onto Whitelow lane, upto a right onto the A625.
Left onto Sheephill lane and then the track on the left, which on Google maps is under the ‘The Peak District’ text. Left at the Xroads and onto Fox House

another one i do is from the end of sheephill lane, at ringinglow village, go left then right onto fulwood lane, then when it bends round to the right, take the path off to your right, down some steps to a bench, then right, then down some more steps back on yourself (the step on the hairpin is a bitch, i can't ride it personally ) then the next bit is a right blast :biggrin: illegal though unfortunately so be careful of peds. and it gets gradually more and more gentle, past a lake and a caff and another river splash all the way to endcliffe park.

bonj2

you done wharncliffe much btw gambatte? the couple of times i've been there i've found it really nice but eye-wateringly, arse-clenchingly steep :biggrin:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Not been, got back into this about august last year. Local to start with, then got a better bike and through WhatMTB met up wih a few down at Sherwood Pines.

They did a sess out at wharny, but I couldn't get. Then everything got wet and I figured I'd wait till spring/summer after what I'd heard of wharny mud.

Still not got round to it.

Even got some knee/shin guards at Xmas, Just for wharny.....unused.

Mind. I see my riding as definitely more XC than DH

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Got to get into the peaks a bit more. Not bothered about the DH, but I want to improve my climbing. Theres short blasts round here, but nothing sustained.

If the families from Notts, you been to Pines much? Hear they've just got £300k to 'improve' it

bonj2

gambatte said:
Got to get into the peaks a bit more. Not bothered about the DH, but I want to improve my climbing. Theres short blasts round here, but nothing sustained.

If the families from Notts, you been to Pines much? Hear they've just got £300k to 'improve' it

No, I don't think i ever have been to sherwood 'Pines'. I've been to sherwood forest visitor centre at edwinstowe, which has got a network of trekking trails but not what i'd call 'real' MTBing, but I don't think that's the same thing. When i last went there with my bike I basically went down one path, then found or decided that it wasn't really going to lead anywhere, and then back down it, and again with another one, and again until i gave up.

But where actually is sherwood pines? If they've got £300k that should be awesome...

bonj2

you gone round ladybower much? apparently there's some good riding round there, me and a mate went round there and it was good fun but navigationally/orienteering-wise it was disastrous as he resorted to his habit of `wading through the undergrowth and heather - basically just choosing a direction redgardless of whether there's a path there or not, bless him!
We found lots of little isolated 'pockets' of nice trails but no real continuous loop like "The Beast" or whatever it's called that's a fairly well known XC route round there?

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Sherwood Pines, essentially next door to Centre Parks, near Clipstone. No 'M'tbing just XC, singletrack.
Theres the new dirt jump section and they were planning some northshore.

Been round ladybower a few times. Tend to suss out the maps first and maybe not follow the route 100%, but near enough.

Theres a good route at the other end of the cutgate, round Langsett, with a nice descent down the end of the cutgate back to the res

bonj2

anyhow magnatom's supposed to be doing the draw today! :biggrin:
he hasn't posted anything so i'm presuming he's busy and will get round to posting it. That or youtube's taking forever to upload the video of the draw!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

bonj said:
anyhow magnatom's supposed to be doing the draw today! :rolleyes:
he hasn't posted anything so i'm presuming he's busy and will get round to posting it. That or youtube's taking forever to upload the video of the draw!

I know who the winner is! I am at work today and a bit busy at the moment. I will try and post the video by early afternoon!

So who do you think won....??? :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Here's the moment of truth! Once again, thanks for everyones entries and generosity!!:rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin:

I can now announce the winner, thanks to my mum (who is suffering from MND), with a guest appearance from sister and one of my sons (I told them to stay out of camera shot :biggrin:).

Watch the video to find out if you are a winner.......

Top Bottom