Helmet Camera Competition for charity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PrettyboyTim

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!

:biggrin: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

PrettyboyTim said:
WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :sad:

:sad::biggrin::biggrin:

Excellent!! Well done! You have to promise to post some videos so that we can make nasty remarks about your cycling :biggrin:

Give bonj a PM with your details and he should send it on to you shortly.

Once again thanks everyone for the donations, I think it was an enjoyable competition :rolleyes:.

PrettyboyTim

magnatom said:
:rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin:
Excellent!! Well done! You have to promise to post some videos so that we can make nasty remarks about your cycling :biggrin:
I'll do my best!
Give bonj a PM with your details and he should send it on to you shortly.

Have done, although I'm guessing it's going to be pointless him sending it for a few days until the postal backlog gets sorted through... :rolleyes:

Anyway, Thanks again, Tom - it was a great and very generous idea of yours to raffle the camera for charity, and both the SMNDA and I have done very well out of it!

Cheers,

Tim

P.S. You might want to update your .sig now...

col

Legendary Member
Congrats PBT,Im sure you will have fun with it.Well done on raising what you did Mag,great stuff:biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

Get posting some vids PBT. Enjoy the camera.

Well done Magna (et al) for the fund raising.

bonj2

well done :rolleyes:

I have unfortunately lost my keys :rolleyes: grrr!! :biggrin: (i have taken the day off work to sort it out) so the helmet camera is round my mates house in my bag but it is safe so I will hopefully be posting it tomorrow when i've uploaded the last few videos i've took off it.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

bonj said:
well done :rolleyes:

I have unfortunately lost my keys :rolleyes: grrr!! :biggrin: (i have taken the day off work to sort it out) so the helmet camera is round my mates house in my bag but it is safe so I will hopefully be posting it tomorrow when i've uploaded the last few videos i've took off it.

Sorry to hear about that! Thanks for arranging to send the camera. I look forward to the videos. I still haven't had time to check out the latest one yet, very busy at the moment!! :rolleyes:

Abitrary

Where are the videos of the guys who work in ground floor open plan offices with electric doors cycling right up to their desks, greeting the geeks on their cluster with a playful 'Mornin' ladies' to fire them up for the day..

And then giving his secretary a cheeky wink as he undoes his helmet straps

bonj2

magnatom said:
Sorry to hear about that! Thanks for arranging to send the camera. I look forward to the videos. I still haven't had time to check out the latest one yet, very busy at the moment!! :rolleyes:

it's a bugger 'cos i was just thinking how nice it was that i've got a bit of money spare this month, now i haven't 'cos I've had to replace all my keys :rolleyes::rolleyes:!:biggrin:
fortunately though the locksmith I got was good and he did me a whole new cylinder and keys for sixty quid, and my bike padlock can be rebuilt to new keys for not much more than a tenner for peace of mind's sake.

But anyway, could have been much worse, is what I always say.

Anyhow, I took a few more videos, some off-road ones, but most of them weren't very good as I either had the camera on the bars but it kept moving to a pointing upwards position as the grip on the bars of the bar-mount wasn't brilliant on my particular bars, and on the helmet mount i kept getting it pointing either too far up or too far down... in terms of watchableness the best video is this one called "Another (better) cycling video" as that was when I had it on the handlebars of my roadie and had learnt the correct angle for it to be at. The only thing anyone's managed to find to criticise me for on that so far is that at one point I apparently didn't accelerate very fast, despite arriving at the following set of lights at exactly the right time...the benchmark for this being that a national express coach outran me (which then had to stop at the lights).
I've got another short one one of a little manouevre I often do which i'm uploading now.

bonj2

snorri said:
Well done there bonj:smile:
I have to say your video gives an impression of Sheffield being a cycle free zone.:biggrin: I only spotted one, and it was on a rack on a car.

it is pretty hilly, that's probably why there aren't many. It's not like you have to be Lance Armstrong or anything but in flat cities completely unfit people can (and do) still cycle around, in Sheffield it's not really an option unless you've at least got a modicum of fitness, or you only ever really do a certain route along a certain road, or are a chav/'POB' and don't really actually ever go anywhere

Top Bottom