Helmet Camera Competition for charity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Folks,

For anyone looking at this thread (http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3629) page 3 onwards, you will see that I have decided to put my old helmet camera up as a prize. As a little twist I will also be lending the camera to bonj so that he can film some of his rides. (For some reason people appear to be interested in bonj's cycling capabilities? )
So with the permission of the cyclechat admin (Thanks!) I bring you

Magnatoms's Cyclechat Prize Draw Thingy

Have a look here

http://www.justgiving.com/magnatom

The blurb is:

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for entries/donations of £2 or more to win the ATC-2000 helmet camera. It will come with helmet attachment and a 2Gb Sandisk II memory card. (I'll look out the other attachments as they must be in the house somewhere!) Each donation will provide one entry only.

It will be going to Bonj for a maximum of 1 month (as we want to see what his cycling is like!) upon which he will pass the camera to the winner.

Donations will be accepted for 3 months (this is the minimum time I can set on justgiving so feel free to donate after the competition), however, the closing date for the draw will be Friday 12th October noon. Only members who live in the UK will be entered into the draw (due to postage costs). To ensure that you are in the draw enter your cyclechat username in the display name section. Jovial banter in the comments section is highly encouraged!

After closing the competition I will place all of the usernames in a hat and the first name out of the hat wins (even if it is bonj!) I will video the draw to show that it was fair. If there is another member who wants to meet me that weekend, maybe I can get them to draw it. (Usually a nice looking lady would be required but I'm not that fussy!) If a few members want to meet (Glasgow) we could always have the draw in a pub somewhere!

Anyway good luck and thanks for the donations/entries!!

Magnatom

Donations are going to the Scottish Motor Neurone Disease Association. I apologise that this is a local charity, but I chose it because my mother has unfortunately developed this disease. I would just like to pay them back for the good work that they are doing. They also support research into the condition, which, although it won't help my mum, it might help others in the future.

I'll be posting the camera to bonj this weekend (barring any more magnatom children becoming sick!) so if you win, you should get your prize in just over a months time.

And just to clarify if for some strange reason you don't want bonj to know where you live I can arrange to send it to you.

(Can someone sticky this please here and in cycle cafe?)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Bump! Remember the more that enter the less chance bonj has of winning!:biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

There have been 27 named entries and 2 anonymous entries providing a total amount collected to £176.10 (+ £44.87 in gift aid)!!!

I really can't thank everyone enough!!:blush::biggrin:

Obviously you are a very generous bunch!!

So tomorrow I will arrange to have a draw with all of the names. I might even get my mum, who is suffering from MND, to draw it (if she is willing!) I will video it and post it to the group either on Sunday or Monday. So keep an eye on the thread.

Many many thanks and good luck to everyone in the draw (except bonj of course;))

:angry:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Here's the moment of truth! Once again, thanks for everyones entries and generosity!!:rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin:

I can now announce the winner, thanks to my mum (who is suffering from MND), with a guest appearance from sister and one of my sons (I told them to stay out of camera shot :biggrin:).

Watch the video to find out if you are a winner.......

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Elmer Fudd said:
FIX !!!
(Well at least bonj doesn't get to keep it !!)

I'm going to tell my mum you said that!:biggrin:;)

I told my sister not to walk in, but she just couldn't stay put. After I finished filming she said 'why don't you just do the draw again and I won't come in this time, no-one would know...':eek:

I never take her advice and I can assure you I didn't on this occasion!:rolleyes:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

snorri

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
After I finished filming she said 'why don't you just do the draw again and I won't come in this time, no-one would know...':eek:

Your sister doesn't work for the BBC by any chance:?: :rolleyes:

Congrats to the winner, film safely.:biggrin:

Top Bottom