Helmet camera may have caused injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
attack camera to bars? most of the cameras these days are wide angle enough to catch enough from the bars
no good for skiing of course
Cheers Ed

Kookas

Über Member
I had an accident fairly recently, and it's surprising how much stuff gets ejected from the bike. Both front lights flew from their mounts, as did my camera, which also broke the mount in the process. The only things that did not get thrown off had mounts perpendicular to the ground instead of parallel to it.

Mind you, that's because that particular bike went from 30 to 0 in less than a second.

PK99

Legendary Member
Can I just point out the obvious? The helmet shattering didn't lead to serious head injuries, as the Torygraph strapline suggests. Hitting the ground at speed did.

Minor correction - hitting a rock at speed

In normal use, on piste, the chances of hitting a rock are very very low

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
It's worth noting that the good camera mounts are designed to break on heavy impact.

When I came off at 30mph my camera mount broke as soon as I hit the ground.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
:rolleyes: Well yes, obviously, I get that.

I was just wondering whether the camera could be attached elsewhere rather than compromising the already-compromised safety of the helmet and possibly leading to the convoluted insurance get-outs being offered here. Classic33 seemed to be implying that in order to use a camera there was no choice but to attach it to a helmet. I mean, if 'camera users' weren't wearing helmets they could wear their cameras on a headband couldn't they.
You could always mount one on the end of a long pole and for good measure put another five around your bike.

Reactions: gaz
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom