Helmet Camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:popcorn:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
To keep @raleighnut even happier: here's my rebuttal. :okay: In all the head impacts I've had (mostly minor single-vehicle accidents, i.e. me slipping on something), I've NEVER hit the top of my head. So I have no problem mounting a video camera on my helmet. As far as I'm concerned, that's what helmets are for: they make excellent camera mounts. I'm not going to live in fear of the unlikely event of having a camera-shaped hole in the top of my head, but having a camera that points where my face points is very useful, particularly in Melbourne where the motorists have a generally poor atittude to cyclists.

Mr_Kipling

Über Member
I get the impression that a lot of forum users on here are against the idea of using a helmet camera. I use one and have done for a while. Having a camera on your helmet doesn't automatically mean you are a self-righteous $+$¥« looking for trouble.

Snapper88

I have a contour roam 2. Its a decent camera but find the battery life is poor. I also brought a 32gb class 10 micro sd card so I didnt have to keep deleting film every day.

I use the camera for recording beekeeping videos to post on my facebook page

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'd get a real buzz out of that :smile: (gets coat, vacates hive)

wisdom

Guru
I have a contour roam 2. Its a decent camera but find the battery life is poor. I also brought a 32gb class 10 micro sd card so I didnt have to keep deleting film every day.

Off topic but excellent video.Are the hives nationals

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I've got a Contour HD and all my videos on my channel are in 720p mode. In edit them very basically with the VLC media player.

Top Bottom