Helmet Cams - Any Advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ramses

Hi all,

I am toying with the idea of a helmet cam for some general use and also for when I do my charity events etc....

I've been looking around and I am not sure what to go for.

I know I don't want a camera with a separate power pack, I want it as an all in one unit. Obviously need to be able to expand the memory capacity.

Would like something with a decent battery life and one where you can replace the batteries for extra recording time.

I have looked at this one, but it may be overkill and I don't know what the battery life of it is. Seems difficult to find out.;)

http://www.driftinnovation.com/hd170-action-camera.php

Any recommendations, advice, known pit falls etc.....

BSRU

A Human Being
ramses said:
Hi all,

I am toying with the idea of a helmet cam for some general use and also for when I do my charity events etc....

I've been looking around and I am not sure what to go for.

I know I don't want a camera with a separate power pack, I want it as an all in one unit. Obviously need to be able to expand the memory capacity.

Would like something with a decent battery life and one where you can replace the batteries for extra recording time.

I have looked at this one, but it may be overkill and I don't know what the battery life of it is. Seems difficult to find out.:smile:

http://www.driftinnovation.com/hd170-action-camera.php

Any recommendations, advice, known pit falls etc.....
That looks like a nice bit of new kit. One thing you need to think about is your pc and whether it is capable of handling HD video editing and a decent HD editor.

Personally I use a Contour HD 1080p, cannot fault it, solid secure mounting, easy to swap the rechargeable batteries and memory cards, can use filters to improve the image and nice lasers to see where it is pointing.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
As BSRU, i also use a contourHD (mine is the 720p model).

From the reviews and videos i have seen of the X170, it is a good camera.

Top Bottom