Shaun

Founder
...and cheese! :tongue:

... and pelmets!! :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
A Pelmet sub forum did you say?

amazing-box-pelmet.jpg
Those pelmets may look stylish but theres absolutely no evidence that they will offer any protection should your home be hit by an asteroid.:biggrin:

mangaman

I am sure someone will come along soon to refute that assertion!!!!

Quite right - Banjo is wrong.

The pattern of injury in fatal asteroid accidents and the possible benefits of pelmets.
Kennedy. British Journal of Bedroom Furniture related Medicine Vol 30 pp130-3, 1996.

is pretty clear and comprehensive.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Any Norwegian Jarlsberger, per chance?

Class choice, especially when swilled down proper with that electric soup you're drinking in your avatar!

It's important to consider the benefits of hard cheese against soft cheese. Soft cheese whilst offering a form of cusioning during collision doesn't absorb impact as well as say Montgommery cheddar. I'll invent some statistics later to prove this. Maybe a graph too.

It's important to consider the benefits of hard cheese against soft cheese. Soft cheese whilst offering a form of cusioning during collision doesn't absorb impact as well as say Montgommery cheddar.

A nice bit of Stinking Bishop for me. Soft cheese to cushion the impact, nice hard rind to hold it together, ventilation holes to keep you cool and God and the Bishop on your side, you can't go wrong.

Alun

Guru
Obviously a good hard cheese will be better for the shell of the helmet, but a softer type would offer better shock absorbtion on the inside and also mold to the shape of the head. Too soft though and it'll run down your face.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Soft cheese is only tested against a flat surface. Hit your head on a curd and it offers very little protection

Top Bottom