Helmet Recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
Greetings. Well I ventured into Halfrauds and tried on a few helmets. I really liked the Bell Vela, but unfortunately it was only a 50-57cm. All the female helmets didn't seem to go much larger than a 57cm which is a shame as I really wanted one with flowers on!:biggrin: It was a very snug fit at 57cm so I wouldn't be able to put a hat or anything underneath if it got too cold (I know 'cos I tried in the shop!).
In the end I went for a Bell Venture which was basically identical to the Vela, only bigger and just plain black.

Don't let cost get in the way of standards.

Many cheaper helmets offer substantially more protection than more expensive ones.

Try and get a Snell certified helmet if you can find one that fits.

Commuter

Plax said:
First up, please no arguments on the pro's and con's of helmet wearing 'cos i'm NOT interested. :biggrin:

TIA

I don't want an argument either but I'd be interested to know why you don't want a debate on the pros and cons of helmet wearing.
You may be persuaded that you don't actually need one and gherefore save yourself £40 ?

:smile:

gavintc

Guru
Commuter said:
I don't want an argument either but I'd be interested to know why you don't want a debate on the pros and cons of helmet wearing.
You may be persuaded that you don't actually need one and gherefore save yourself £40 ?

:smile:

Some people will just not let it alone. The OP has made his position clear, he does not want a pissing contest over helmet wearing, he wants and has asked quite reasonably for advice on helmets. If you want your own argument - go and start one in soapbax.

Top Bottom