Helmet size and comfort

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've visited 5 bike shops now looking for a new helmet, and though I've found a few that fit nicely, the thin plastic side pieces that make up part of the cradle (where it fits above the ears) are really uncomfortable on every one I've tried. I also prefer helmets with the circular 'dial' adjustment on the back, and these seem fairly scarce. Also, the guy in the LBS tells me Met helmets come in one size fits all - but not me very well, from what I've found!

What has happened to helmet design recently?

We'are all different but I like Bell helmets which offer a similar one size fits all. These offer a circular dial on the back to make it a good fit.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
That's the second recommendation of Bell I've heard - I will go back to the first shop I think. They had Bell, but not sure whether they had the large size (which is what I need). I like their dial - tried it on the ones they had on display. So much easier to use.

Archie

Errrr.....
My Met helmet has the adjustable disc at the back, as do my daughters. I can't believe they got rid of this last year. Is this just your LBSs or places like Evans/Halfords?

OP
OP
beanzontoast
Problem solved - bought a Giro at about half price. Has the disc, rain peak (essential to me) and what's more it actually fits. Really comfy. Now i've just got to look after it!...

Top Bottom