Helmet threads moderation delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
As the mod's are volunteers and have other lives to live, I suspect they check them when they can.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
[QUOTE 5482967, member: 9609"]I would have thought in the all new all nicer forum that we seem to have morphed into recently, that it would be worth lifting pre-moderation on the helmet threads and just see if we can all act like adults. I would give it 50/50 that we could conduct ourselves in a more grown up way. Worth a try?[/QUOTE]

I'd give it about an hour until it descended into a bun fight.

D

Deleted member 26715

There's a helmet thread? is that as worthless as wearing a helmet Oops sorry couldn't resist, must try harder :laugh:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
[QUOTE 5482967, member: 9609"]I would have thought in the all new all nicer forum that we seem to have morphed into recently, that it would be worth lifting pre-moderation on the helmet threads and just see if we can all act like adults. I would give it 50/50 that we could conduct ourselves in a more grown up way. Worth a try?[/QUOTE]

Maybe the moderators could say how often they've had to reject a post in the helmet section lately and whether they feel it is still worth having everyone on pre-moderation there.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Maybe the moderators could say how often they've had to reject a post in the helmet section lately and whether they feel it is still worth having everyone on pre-moderation there.
If they haven't had to reject posts recently, what does that tell you? Nothing, IMO, as the very fact that the threads are moderated is likely to make most posters more careful what they post.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
If they haven't had to reject posts recently, what does that tell you? Nothing, IMO, as the very fact that the threads are moderated is likely to make most posters more careful what they post.

If it looks like members have grasped the idea of what's not allowed then why not take off the moderation. If I'm wrong it's a simple toggle switch to reinstate it.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Uhu, can't leave you a minute without you'se mentioning the unmentionable.
Only kidding! :laugh:
I will put the proposal of stopping the helmet thread moderation to the team, it may be that only Shaun, the forum owner, can approve.
Laters, got stuff to do, like making chocolate truffles and shopping for bike tyres :hello:

burntoutbanger

Veteran
Is it possible to require certain posters only to be moderated? That is to say that if a user consistently posts garbage/confrontational posts then they get put on the naughty list, any users not displaying this behaviour can post freely?

Probably not technically possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom