Helmet Whistling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sayek1

Does anyone suffer from their helmet (head protection!) whistling with the wind resistance - seems to happen as soon as I go above about 15mph and sounds like I am in the middle of a 60mph gayle.

I have worked out its the straps on my helmet (it could be the air vents) and wondered is this because I've got a cheapish helmet, an odd shaped face, both or is it just a fact of life that the straps catch the wind.

Whatever it is its really bugging me as at the time of morning I leave I should be hearing the twittering of the birds and not a lot else!

Any ideas?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
yep, solution is forget the helmet and enjoy the birdsong..

Landslide

Rare Migrant
sayek1 said:
...like I am in the middle of a 60mph gayle...Any ideas?
Ask him to bowl more slowly?
chris-gayle2.jpg

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Sometimes if the shell isnt glued right down air can get in and the shell will make the noise, or if lables and stickers on the inside come unstuck that too can vibrate audibly.

bonker

Guru
Helmet whistling/ noise

Yes, helmet wind noise is the main problem i have with weating a helmet too. There's not much you can do about it really while still wearing one.

just jim

When I unclipped the visor off mine the little holes it left now act as tiny whistles. It's endearing.

OP
OP
S

sayek1

Jim- you might have a point - I snapped the visor on mine a few weeks back and to be honest its only the last few weeks I have begun to get frustrated by the noise. I'm not sure I had the noise before.

I'll try and glue it back on over the weekend and see how I do.

Thanks.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
sayek1 said:
Jim- you might have a point - I snapped the visor on mine a few weeks back and to be honest its only the last few weeks I have begun to get frustrated by the noise. I'm not sure I had the noise before.

I'll try and glue it back on over the weekend and see how I do.

Thanks.

Put some little stickers over the holes and see if that solves it? Silicone glue for more long term fix

Top Bottom