helmets…

does the helmet come off the head once off the bike?

• yes, always

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • sometimes, if i remember

• no, never

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
mjones said:
I visited the CTC York rally a few years ago. One of the things that amused me was the number of people walking round the indoor displays with their helmets on. I suspect some of them kept them on all day, as well as their lycra...

If you rode to the Rally, why would you take your helmet off and change your clothes, for goodness sake? A helmet is much easier to carry on your head, less likely to get knocked or dinged, and not talking up space in your bag...

I often leave mine on, to go round a a shop or whatever. I'd take it off if I was stopping somewhere for lunch or tea on a day out, but otherwise, it's easier to leave it on for a few minutes than take it off and carry it.

ChrisKH

Guru
I often have mine on, unclipped, when I am either waiting for a train or wating to get off one, not least because I'm holding a bike and a rucksack so there's no room for the helmet. I always take it off when I get to work. The last time I wore it into the office my boss called me 'paranoid' because it had a camera on it as well (wasn't long after I had been knocked down by a car, but the camera was coincidental). I thought it was a bit rich coming from a 6' woman who is too scared to take the tube home at night so has to take a taxi.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
There's no option for taking it off when getting on the bike. Yes, I wear mine skating, but take it off when I jump on the bike to go home. :biggrin:

yello

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. It depends on circumstances. Cafe stops, yes. If it's hot, yes. If there's somewhere to put it, yes (e.g. standing on a train, no; sitting on a train, yes). There are many variables so I can't really answer the question of "once off the bike".

Top Bottom