helmets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
This is quite frustrating to say the least and not very encouraging to others.

The chief reason I have one is due to the insurance side of things some stipulate if you are not wearing one it can effect your claim.

That would be an insurance company to avoid then, if they are being that picky then they are unlikely to pay out in full anyway...

Mark_Robson

It has been unsuccessfully tried.... but on the same subject

If the rider is responsible for "increased injury" due to a decision not to wear a helmet, would a driver be responsible for "increased injury by choosing a car that inflicted greater injury?

If I buy a zero star (EuroNCAP rating) or one star, I am choosing to inflict greater injuries on pedestrians and cyclists should this be taken into account?
OMFG It pains me to say it but that is an excellent point.

snailracer

Über Member
^^^
The obvious counterpoint being that cyclists choose to ride an unprotected vehicle and so only have themselves to blame for their own injuries.

marcw

certified cycle helmets are made out of a particular type of foam, EPS I think. Most climbing and skiing helmets use something different. Bern make snow and cycling helmets with EPS that comply with the standards for cycling.

certified cycle helmets are made out of a particular type of foam, EPS I think. Most climbing and skiing helmets use something different. Bern make snow and cycling helmets with EPS that comply with the standards for cycling.

Depends on how you class "certified" and how much you rely on them

The EN 1078 required for sale in the UK is so inadequate that it is not accepted in the US. If you turn up at a Triathlon or Race in the States with an EN1078 helmet you will be turned away!

brokenbetty

Über Member
I use a bern snowboard helmet for cycling. It wasn't that hot over the summer, but my commute is a leisurely 5.5 miles and I care more about waves than scalps so I'm not likely to raise a sweat whatever I wear.

OTOH it was great was being able to fit the ear-flaps in the recent cold weather. Toasty warm!

Top Bottom