Help - Brakes Rubbing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
what bunch of cowboys, thankfully it wasn't the front brake they screwed up on.
any chance of name and shame then i can get other local cyclists to avoid them?
glad you got it sorted.

Danny

Legendary Member
punkypossum said:
I don't think I can ask them to pay for it, would I not have to give them a chance to make good first? (Which I didn't, because I couldn't with the time constraints...)
The shop might well say this - however I think in this instance you can justifiably argue that:

1. They left the bike in such a dangerous state, that you could not even ride it into them without first having the problem corrected.

2. Their workmanship was of such poor quality that you had no confidence in their ability to correct the problem.

3. As they were not open on Sunday you did not have the option of bringing it in to them anyway.

domtyler

Über Member
Just PM me all the details and their phone number and I'll soon have them coughing up, I could do with letting off some steam.

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
PatrickPending said:
Also may be worthwhile investing in a good book. Personally I've got 'Zinn and the art of road bike maintenance' tis rather good tho I'm sure others will recommend other books.

Also worth visiting the park tools website and Sheldon Brown of course. Also on youtube there seem to be a few bike maintenance videos.

and of course posting on here!

I've got the hayes book and also the mountain bike zinn, but I'm one of those people that doesn't learn how to do something till I get shown and can have a go myself under supervision... otherwise I just suffer from paranoia that I'm going to break something...Then again, the Hayes book at least got me far enough to stop the rub, so something must be sinking in...

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
punkypossum said:
I've got the hayes book and also the mountain bike zinn, but I'm one of those people that doesn't learn how to do something till I get shown and can have a go myself under supervision... otherwise I just suffer from paranoia that I'm going to break something...Then again, the Hayes book at least got me far enough to stop the rub, so something must be sinking in...

Indeed to be shown how, follow the link mentioned above by FatFellaFromFelixstowe theres also other stuff on youtube just do a search, yep it is easier to be shown but these days with the interweb its a lot easier to find out answers!

Good luck!

eg here

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGgidUE8drE

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
domtyler said:
Just PM me all the details and their phone number and I'll soon have them coughing up, I could do with letting off some steam.

Thanks for the offer, but I suppose if I want to make my point I better put my size 5 foot down myself!!! Plus you sound steaming enough that I'm starting to feel slightly sorry for the bike shop now! :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
All fixed then....????

I can offer a good hammer and file if needed... fixed my Shimano SPD's fine........ (PS that's an advanced level maintenance course.....costs billions.....):smile::biggrin::biggrin:;););):biggrin:

Not frightened mechanics need only apply ! :ohmy::biggrin::biggrin: FREE LESSONS !

Top Bottom