help carrying drinks

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by £Josh D, 8 Apr 2010.

1. £Josh D

£Josh D New Member

how on earth can i carry a bottle of water on my bike, i dont have a bottle holder and cant buy one so that isnt and option, and i want my body to be free to ride, no bags, coats etc, how can i do this, strap it onto my bike with duck tape but once i take it off how do i get it back on, i aint messing with sticking it, please help :becool:

2. rsvdaz

rsvdaz New Member

why cant you buy one?
    £2 in wilkinsons

3. OP
    OP
    £Josh D

£Josh D New Member

how do you know they are gunna fit your bike frame?

4. rsvdaz

rsvdaz New Member

have you not got 2 allen key head screws on the inside (or sometimes outside) sections of your bike frame? if so they are for bottle cages

5. psmiffy

psmiffy -

if you have not got bottle cage bosses Tefal and a few others make sort of strap on ones -alternatively minoura make a rather more substantial version that will go on the handlebars as well - plenty of double and single cage adaptors that go under the saddle - not expensive

6. upsidedown

upsidedown Waiting for the great leap forward

7. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

They are all pretty much standard.

Here you go.. £3.00 delivered.

8. OP
    OP
    £Josh D

£Josh D New Member

thanks alot, but im doing the ride in the next few days so im going to hit wilkinsons today :biggrin:

9. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Combine safety and hydration....

[​IMG]

:biggrin:

10. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Moderator

my lbs had a bottle cage that fits to the handlebars. i have it on my vintage claud butler fixie as it meant i didn't have to put a bracket on and risk damaging the paintwork. more in keeping with the age of the bike too (if a little modern looking).

11. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Man or Moose!

Another option is seat mounted bottle cages as used by Tri-althetes and Time Trialists.

12. OP
    OP
    £Josh D

£Josh D New Member

thanks guys, i bought one today im sorted now :tongue:

13. jimboalee

jimboalee New Member

I've got one of their frying pans. It's hopeless for carrying water on a bicycle.

14. jimboalee

jimboalee New Member

I had a bottle cage which strapped on to the frame tube years and years ago.

Nowadays, I don't ride long enough stretches between stops ( AUK controls ) to warrant taking a bottle at all.

It tickles me how some 100km AUK riders go riding off with two litres of energy drink when the first control is a cafe 18 miles away.

Two litres,,,, that's two kilograms in my language. Leave it off. Surely a reasonable cyclist can ride for an hour and a half before needing to slurp energy drink?

15. Monsieur Remings

Monsieur Remings Veteran

Hey did you get what you wanted in the end on the bike front, Josh?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice