help carrying drinks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

£Josh D

how on earth can i carry a bottle of water on my bike, i dont have a bottle holder and cant buy one so that isnt and option, and i want my body to be free to ride, no bags, coats etc, how can i do this, strap it onto my bike with duck tape but once i take it off how do i get it back on, i aint messing with sticking it, please help :becool:

rsvdaz

why cant you buy one?
£2 in wilkinsons

rsvdaz

have you not got 2 allen key head screws on the inside (or sometimes outside) sections of your bike frame? if so they are for bottle cages

if you have not got bottle cage bosses Tefal and a few others make sort of strap on ones -alternatively minoura make a rather more substantial version that will go on the handlebars as well - plenty of double and single cage adaptors that go under the saddle - not expensive

Arch

Married to Night Train
Combine safety and hydration....

product_thumb.php

:biggrin:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
my lbs had a bottle cage that fits to the handlebars. i have it on my vintage claud butler fixie as it meant i didn't have to put a bracket on and risk damaging the paintwork. more in keeping with the age of the bike too (if a little modern looking).

jimboalee

psmiffy said:
if you have not got bottle cage bosses Tefal and a few others make sort of strap on ones -alternatively minoura make a rather more substantial version that will go on the handlebars as well - plenty of double and single cage adaptors that go under the saddle - not expensive

I've got one of their frying pans. It's hopeless for carrying water on a bicycle.

jimboalee

I had a bottle cage which strapped on to the frame tube years and years ago.

Nowadays, I don't ride long enough stretches between stops ( AUK controls ) to warrant taking a bottle at all.

It tickles me how some 100km AUK riders go riding off with two litres of energy drink when the first control is a cafe 18 miles away.

Two litres,,,, that's two kilograms in my language. Leave it off. Surely a reasonable cyclist can ride for an hour and a half before needing to slurp energy drink?

Top Bottom